FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Removal of Rock2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Removal of Rock2 Reply with quote

W00t, thanks a bunch Rob, and what better day to celebrate the day rock2 is removed then the ville's anniversary!!

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Darkath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who really didn't mind playing on rock2? I'm new, can someone explain the "problem" with it?

^^^ Clicky
Black Knight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I kinda liked it. But I'm thinking ppl didn't like it because of the nerv gas. or something. But it was kinda getting boring.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(WRPG) DaRkAtH -VS- wrote:
Am I the only one who really didn't mind playing on rock2? I'm new, can someone explain the "problem" with it?

Turtling. It really sucked when the other team had all 10 people in the yard or playing D. Kinda got boring running into 4 MIRVs everytime.

Big w00t Rob. You Da Man!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i hated the map cuz of the verve gas killing me all the time and also the Turtling, no fun. Especially as sniper, gets a little boring.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ameanman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe it! My dream and proposal came true! OMG! SWEET!
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a map that only gas the enemy base! You can also carry gas mask that protect you from the gas if your in the enemy base.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Monk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Rock2 is gone! But is Flagrun any better? My problem with Rock2, in that it is so spread out reducing combat opportunities, holds true for Flagrun as well. I don't really see it as an improvement.

But no worries, I won't bother our great heirarchy of deities. I can always just stick to Avanti 24/7! There will never be a reason to complain as long as The Ville remains Avantiville at heart!
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that rock2 has been removed. I always was one of the few guys on offense and then if you reached the yard, theey were waiting with what?? Like 10 people to blow you up.

It can be fun 2 or 3 times but when 10 peoplee start shooting at you everytime you reach the yard, well....... that ain't very fun.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL most people don't realize you can hide in the wardens office to escape the gas too

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense on this map was so frustrating. No one on the other team attacked, so they were all waiting for you, and you had no support from your team because no one on your team attacked either!

This map could actually be a blast if you had good teams, but it seemed that whenever I was on (with a couple of notable exceptions) there weren't many people interested in TeamPlay. There'd me maniac scout me, and nobody else!!!

Although I'm glad that the map is gone, it's really a shame, because the map had so much potential. It just seemed that the times that the map realized it's potential were few and far between.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: