FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tired of those roof campers on well?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Tired of those roof campers on well? Reply with quote

Getting hassled by those snipers or engies on your roof on well? Well, engies and maybe spies could get them off of the roof without having to go outside. Engies, to your level, right under where the campers are and prime an EMP and time it so it will blow up just at it hits the cieling. It will explode and most of the time take out some of those who are camping on the roof. The hard part is knowing where the enemy is on the roof, that is where team communication will come into play.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the most troubling campers on well to be the HWs. Not only do they spam and slaughter like mad by throwing MIRVs near the respawn, but their AC also does some annoying damage as you walk out. If you go up to attack them, not only do they have a huge amount of health/armor, but they can HEAL with the 4 packs in YOUR attack. They can also restock their MIRVs and grenades there too.
bobins

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ameanman wrote:
by throwing MIRVs near the respawn

humm... i never throw mirv's or anythin else at spawn's...

but i do resuply in the attick

so you end up fully armed and almost... if not at full health and after takin out any door D...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tip Borg emps go through walls very well I like to kill sgs on alot of maps the same way

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg wrote:
Getting hassled by those snipers or engies on your roof on well? Well, engies and maybe spies could get them off of the roof without having to go outside. Engies, to your level, right under where the campers are and prime an EMP and time it so it will blow up just at it hits the cieling. It will explode and most of the time take out some of those who are camping on the roof. The hard part is knowing where the enemy is on the roof, that is where team communication will come into play.

Ameanman wrote:
I find the most troubling campers on well to be the HWs. Not only do they spam and slaughter like mad by throwing MIRVs near the respawn, but their AC also does some annoying damage as you walk out. If you go up to attack them, not only do they have a huge amount of health/armor, but they can HEAL with the 4 packs in YOUR attack. They can also restock their MIRVs and grenades there too.

Great points by both of the villuns i will have to keep them tips in mind when playing

Last edited by -=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas] on Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping Well respawn is cheap and smelly. However, camping in the enemy attic is as fun as it gets! Bring some friends and set up a little clubhouse there. It's easy to defend, since you can brutalize anyone coming up the little elevators. You can set up a little bucket brigade, where you keep grabbing the flag and tossing it off the sniper deck. Then you have a relay guy who takes it back. While he's capping, you can go make S'mores in the attic.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree TYO, but yesterday we expanded our clubhouse to the enemy flag room. We took over the room with 2 solly's, medic, and a sniper. We were able to hold off the enemy team as they tried to come up the elevators. When the flag was capped we could just toss it in the water and our capper would pick it up.

That was nice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tip for the roof campers is directed towards the medics. If there are only snipers up there, and no SG's, then you can conc jump from the water in front of the base right up to the roof. Alot of times the snipers are so involved looking for the easy kills they don't even realize they've just been infected. It's not a quick kill but it will get them off the roof before to long.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
JuVaNiLe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noooooo dont tell these people ways to kill mee on well roof i luv sniping up there
Gurrg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya thanks for the tips, i know that everytime i try to get them out of our attic i end up killing myself with my kamikaze grenades more than anything, but i will try the EMP thing. Thanks.

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
Another tip for the roof campers is directed towards the medics. If there are only snipers up there, and no SG's, then you can conc jump from the water in front of the base right up to the roof. Alot of times the snipers are so involved looking for the easy kills they don't even realize they've just been infected. It's not a quick kill but it will get them off the roof before to long.
a very good point by Hamese and TYO and BRN all of them know there stuff and they do there skills of sharing the best way they can!! i thank everybody who gives such great tips out for for to learn and look over them!! it my boat to have such great players and villuns in here
Chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the spy tip then?
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan wrote:
What is the spy tip then?
i am not sure all i do is read them and play one sometimes... and i change to be a soldier or scout or something like...

i was just pointing out that some of these people had great tips chan and nothing more... Embarassing that all i can do is play one type and die lots .. another thing i have no scripts,binds and what not to my gaming or playing and i don't really use my console much for myself..

<----- Points to self that is my toip for my day to myself .. other then that chan i'll just read them and post that i think everybody and the admins and rob bring out good tips??

Sad to say i play with certain skills and die 85% of the time and watch what i am learning as i die thats another tip for myself to myself... i know i am just talking to myself out loud here but what can i say??.. oh before i forget i also there just to have fun and play with the villuns or tvb if there on or playing..
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the spy tip would be the spam a bunch of gas 'nades so they shoot through the roof and slowly kill the engy or sniper up there.

I totally agree about loving to get in the NME attic! It's one of my favorite two campgrounds, and actually does help your team cap, since your teammates have a ready resupply area
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitterBeerFace wrote:
I believe the spy tip would be the spam a bunch of gas 'nades so they shoot through the roof and slowly kill the engy or sniper up there.

I totally agree about loving to get in the NME attic! It's one of my favorite two campgrounds, and actually does help your team cap, since your teammates have a ready resupply area
thanks for the help BitterBeerFace on the tip

like i said all i do is play the scout, sniper,soldier, demoman, medic, hwguy, pyro, spy, and engineer or random classes... not very good at some but soldier has always been my favorite level
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: