FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Map Point Collection Poll

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Point Collection Method:
Flag
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Command Points
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Keys
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Map Point Collection Poll Reply with quote

As you know I am designing a mpa for TFC. I am at the point where I have to find the answer to one important question: what type of point collection should there be on my map? They are: Flags, Command Points, or Keys. What I want to know is: what do you, the villians, want? Vote in the poll. It can mean the difference between a good map and a bad one. If you require a sneak preview of the map, then i can place it on [RS]'s website. I am capable of doing each type of point collection method.

Thanks, your input helps.

[RS]Potato-VS-
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warpath and acropolis are my favs. and i always used to liek avanti and dustbowl. i think i liek warpath more than avanti and dustbowl now because both sides are O and D, rather than having one attacking and one defending. but comand points rule!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Command points rule. It's harder to defend. 1 errant spy can change the entire battle on warpath.

**Uses Hoaxie's Edit Button**

Just consider your spawn/resupply rooms. You'll want to avoid the situation they are currently arguing in the Complaint Department, when is it okay to chase a cowardly D person into resupply.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that Keys would be nice. Although the only map that I can think of that uses keys right now is Rock2 (AHH; NO!) I think that it has many possible interesting potentials. Just do not make the respawn so daym close to the action like Rock2 (make it far away so it takes a bit for the respawned players to get to the action.
Something using keys could be something like this: There are two teams on the map each with their own base. It is similar to a 2fort styled layout (small map with two bases). In the center is a small bunker (approx. the size of a 2fort respawn) like room with 2 locked doors which can only be activated by a key and touching the side latch. The catch is that your key is in the enemy basement. Entering the center room results in gas release. So it is sort of like Rock2 and 2fort hybrid mix.

Just my opinion *shrug*
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a combo pack? You need a key to get the command point if you have the key you are visible. What would you guys think of that?

[RS]Potato-VS-
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't make the map tooo fancy tato make sumthing like warpath every1 on the ville seems to love it but its the only map of its sort o and make shure there's water #Beer also i think that just capping points would be good like in warpath without the fancy key stuff

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o and make sum good sg hiding spots and sum good sniper decks

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipers and engies ,any class for that matter, can find some nice spots where they can sneak and or defend easily. Some of these places are high, and some are low. You finding them is the challange.

For the demo version I may add 3-5 command points that you can cap during game play. If you don't want this then I suggest that you say so. I may not add the cap points it depends upon how much work I want to do .

[RS]Potato-VS-
OS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for command points, because maybe you could make an avanti2 sorta map, but if you don't want to, make a keys map. I don't think I've ever played a decent map with keys.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: