FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nemisis Program??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamikaze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Nemisis Program?? Reply with quote

I was browsing the forums a while back and saw that several people were using a program called Nemisis to clear underwater fog, play mp3s during gameplay and see your speed. I looked all over for this program and cannot find it. I tried searching both Nemesis and Nemisis and nothing came up. Any suggestions??

i told you i was hardcore.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called the Nemisis Hook. You can prevent it on a server by setting the
filters to look for it's extentions. Other then this your S.O.L until the next
Punk or HL patch. It's another GL Bug being exploited. Correct Open GL
and most of all these cheats will be fixed.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're mostly wrong... You cannot filter it any more by extensions, but there is an option built into hlg and nemesis to disable certain functions of nemesis that are considering "cheating" by some people. The nemesis creator talked to the hlg team and agreed that would be better than banning people for it. It's accually not a purely gl hook, and does not take advantage of any "gl vulnerabilies". It's mainly a client hook, but does also hook opengl only for the underwater fog removal. It will get caught to valve's anti cheat, because it's a hook, not because it's a "cheat". And as for correcting gl, most hooks do not use gl. They hook client.dll, which does a lot more than opengl32.dll. You can aimbot perfectly well in D3D, you can also use nemesis in D3D, so I have no clue what you are talking about with fixing opengl.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from what I understood Lin, it is what I described. So, I thought ?
I read breifly about it on a site the other day ??

Thank you for your correction Lin.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably read that it allows you to play with no underwater fog, like the D3D bug. Because D3D on some systems cannot render fog at all.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: