FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
sig - thought i'd give it a try

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpTlk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject: sig - thought i'd give it a try Reply with quote

I figured with the current trend of everyone getting sigs i'd jump on the wagon and give it a try. what do you all think? Its the first time attempting to make a sig AND the first time using photoshop(yeah yeah i know!) so please dont grill me to hard! any ideas or advice would be cool too. i couldn't for the life of me figure out how you guys get a pic(ex: a solly or pyro) to overlay on an image without it looking completely obvious that 2 are seperate... ...i know it has to do with layering, but everything i tried just looked like crap. i'd have a black background and then paste a pic in with the bkgrd from that pic and it was ugggleee. anyways enough babble

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
`RaphX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Sig, Optik. Too bad the letters caught fire
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get you pics from the map C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\tfc\GFX\vgui
you ony need to convert them to jpg because they are tga files, you can't open these ones. You can use the program wally to convert them.

i made mine with paint, just cut and paste and then take the paintcan, choose the color and press your mousse1 and the hole background will have the choosen color.

you can get wally from:
http://www.flakeys-realproperty.com/shortcuts/wally_155b.exe
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you both got your sigs to work

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
you can get you pics from the map C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\tfc\GFX\vgui
you ony need to convert them to jpg because they are tga files, you can't open these ones. You can use the program wally to convert them.

This is very true, but if your using photoshop, they shoudl open up right in photoshop. if they want to open up with some other default program you got, jsut go to the .tga files, right click, and where it says open with...
[ some other program here]

change it to photoshop and it'll open up your image fine. especially if you got 7.0, which is hwat i use. worked fine for me but ahhh, if you would rather jsut convert through wally, by all means go ahead.

2 seconds later... [edit] oh yeah, another great way to get pics of classes, just take a screen shot of them while you play.... easiest way to get the angle you want. then sjut cut it out in photoshop.

oh yeah, i jsut realized
<-----------i'm a pro now, woot for me!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great sig...

gurrg made mine...

i like my sig but im gonna try n make one of my own soon... trust me it wont look good... lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my sig!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've been messing around with photoshop quite a bit and i already made another sig. is this one better or worse..which should i use.

and yeah i know i could've used the edit button, but i thought i'd just push it to the top instead.

erm, i also just noticed that the bottom scroll bar is active on this thread...is it my sig thats doing that because it doesnt look like anyone who posted has a long sig.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JtH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use ms paint to make my sigs but i have adobe photoshop 7.0 i just cant use it. its too complicated for me. lol. if anyone can gimme some hints to use it it would be much appreciated.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 hints, filters rule and can make anything go from crap to really cool looking crap. and start new work on a new layer as to no mess up the really cool looking crap you already have done. oth erthan that, sjut screw around with all the diferent tools and brushes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filters rule
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: