FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link's Story 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Link's Story 2 Reply with quote

The Destruction of AOL’s Internet Conspiracy

One day, far from now, a company named America Online had total control of the Internet. It was slower then ever and no other company could survive. The reason of this was completely unknown. Even with the overwhelming lack of service and slug-like speed, people stood united behind them. Having control of everything, this company not only controlled the Internet, but it was starting to control other services that used to be controlled by the government. Having gained more power than the government, it was attempting to control the people. This was the conspiracy and the government had to stop this.

The government then started planning how to stop this and look elsewhere for help. This seemed to be an easy mission except the fact that they had no idea where the headquarters was located. Therefore, they created a plan to find this hidden powerhouse. They hired the top spies to seek them out including Patten.

So later that week, they sent them out to follow some known employees of AOL. They followed them for what seem like many hours in the desert sun when all of a sudden a gigantic building stood over a sand dune. The structure stood there with its 3 levels. They walked around the mighty structure unnoticed, but did not want to stay long enough to be caught. They found that the front entrance was heavily guarded by multiple lvl3 sentry guns. There were security cameras around every corner and there appeared to be no easy access. They went deeper into the structure to the security area. They viewed the security monitors to find more ways to enter and found a vent leading in from outside. They took photos and went back the government headquarters. The photos included these:

From the photos, they could establish that the hidden base was located in shortbus2. However, they still did not know why people were standing up for the evil powerhouse. The photos the spies took showed many HW’s guarding computers, and engineers working on those computers. The government now knew where to go and what to expect there, but they did not know how to counter this. They got more help from the world’s best engineers to figure out a plan of attack, which were Link, Borg, and Mikey.

Sometime the next week, they all agreed on the best way of attack. This would be for them to hire a great Demoman nicknamed RaphX, and have him detonate a Detpack next to the vent blowing a hole in it. Then once inside blow another hole to get out of the vent and into the base. The government then decided on a date to attack and in the meantime, they would get a huge group of soldiers ready.

The intelligent engineers figured out a way to get people there quickly. They would use the magic school bus and fly over there!

The soldiers attacked, but were greatly surprise by the strength of the Hwguys. They got in and destroyed all the comps on the first and second levels, but them, too, were killed. Having heard this, the great engineers decided they would put these matters in their own hands. The engineers loaded up on EMPs and grenades and sneaked in through the vent. The vent was filled with water until a ladder that led up. They climbed up and found that it continued inward. They then looked out through another hole blown and found themselves in the main room above guards. Borg and Mikey threw EMPs at the guards to distract/kill them while Link went for the last three comps. He destroyed the two comps on the third level and went to the command center.

There he saw the president of AOL.

“So you thought it would be easy, huh?” said the president. “ And you are probably wondering why I have outstanding support from my customers. Well, since you are going to die anyway, I might as well tell you. It all started when broadband companies started taking AOL customers away, and my company started to lose money fast. From this, I decided that I had to take immediate action. I told my people in research to develop something to keep my customers loyal and attract more business by any means necessary. Well, they told me a way of mind controlling people through the Internet using this machine,” said he while pointing to the last machine standing. “I decided to take their word for it and the manipulation began. Within a couple of weeks AOL Time Warner stocks went through the roof and business had never been better. With outstanding support, I was able to extend AOL to control not just the Internet but practically everything people do. To show example of this, I will let you fight against my newly manipulated customers. Have fun. I just have to go to a business meeting.”

Then three HW Guys came walking out of the control center that looked oddly familiar. Link thought and then realized who they were. It was Klutu, OneBigHoax, and Bobins being manipulated by the machine that they now were guarding.

Link knew that just him alone could not stop these strong Heavies, so he yelled out for some backup. Link ran behind the wall and Borg and Mikey came. They devised a plan to get past these heavies without anyone being hurt. They called in a medic and told the medic to conc. the heavies off the platform down to the floor below. The medic succeeded and Link, Mikey, and Borg were left alone to destroy this terrible machine and bring everyone’s free will back to them. They threw their EMPs and grenades. They then ran for it. On the way out they grab their friend HW Guys and jumped back into the magic school bus and flew away from there. In their rear view mirror, they could see the once gigantic building crumble to the ground giving everyone in the world their own free will. On the way back, Link thought to himself, “What about the president?”

To be continued…

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...bring on the sequel!

Very nice work.
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one linktodeath, i can't wait to read the sequel!!!!!!!!
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, sweet! We need more!
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down with the mind controlling AOL. That story actually makes a lot of sense with how aol is. I found a site once, can't remember where, but it ranked isps as being good based on the number of clients, well AOL had about 28 million and the next closest had about 15 million. Sounds like it could be mind control to me. The glories of advertising.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: