FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC 2 info

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just got off of planetfortress.com, reading all about TF2.

At first I was fairly excited about the new updates, maps, skins, etc. However, i'm starting to realize that TF2 will be nothing like TF1. Almost all of the current classes will be gone with the game, in their place, Valve is going with a commander, instructor, marine, ranger and others. While this these classes appear to all have unique weapons, their abilities as far as speed and agility seem to all be the same. Also, most of our favorite weapons will be gone. Alas, no more detpacks, dispensors, caltrops, railguns, nailgun, or even knives! In their place goes machine guns, assault rifles, and pistols. Sounds to be much like firearms, for those who have played that mod.

Perhaps what disturbed me most deeply however was the irradication of rocket jumping, concing, mirvs, nailgrens, and emps. Gone are the days of the double rocket jump into CP2, now we have to do it the hard way. I've even heard rumor of team lifes, must like FA, instead of auto-respawn. I haven't confirmed this with valve yet, but that would be disturbing as well.

Not to say the new game looks all bad. Medics can now add armor, spies have little spider robots that can scout enemy bases, engies can build unlimited sgs (within energy limits, not sure how this will work exactly..energy dispensors can be built), and there will be 20 new maps release, all with different objectives.

So, I leave this thread up to you guys. Go check out the page at http://www.planetfortress.com

I'd like to hear what everyone here thinks of what valve has created. And of course the most important question. Will TV be going over to TF2, or are we going to stick with what we have.
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF2 was supposed to come out in December of 99'. It never did. I say the earliest it will come out is November 2002. As for TV switching over.. I can't say that it will or I can't say that it won't. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV better not!~!! I like my TFC the way it is THANK YOU!
GoLeM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like its a cross of Counter Strike and Team Fortress. I can't really see a combination of the two. Counter Strike is more real world and Team Fortress is mostly fictional. I say they leave both alone and try to go with something new. At least give it a new name. Maybe Counter Fortress .
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certianly sounds scary but if it is a year off or so who cares now.
Who knows what may happen and in a year we may all be begging for something different.
Or maybe instead of crowbar night we may have TFC night.
Kronic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well TF2 sound alright. I'm always ready 2 try something new
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: