FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link's Story

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Link's Story Reply with quote

The Story of the Death of the President of AOL

One day, the president of AOL was walking around in the map hunted and was happy as usual. He was usually happy, because he had millions of people trapped in his Internet conspiracy. He was rich and had a great taste for suits and umbrellas, which was usually where he spent his money other than buying out his competitors and making false TV ads. Yes, this man had it all except the like of any creature on Earth.

Well, he was walking through the map hunted and felt the sense of anger. Of course having tricked many into his high pinging online experience, he sensed this often. However, this time he felt it nearer than usual. He heard footsteps. Having heard them, fear swept over him as he quietly told himself, “I wish I hadn’t fired my bodyguards for not using AOL as their Internet provider.”

He walked faster and faster in attempt to escape this map to his highly secured respawn in Warpath. He safely made it out of hunted, but found himself at the wrong respawn in warpath. So he ran as fast as he could through this map. All of sudden he looked back at the red respawn where he appeared and saw who was following him. It was mighty Link with all of his EMPs ready.

The chase became fast and dangerous for the old, out of shape President. He tried to cross the bridge to his property, but alas, Link had primed grenades and EMPs to throw at the old man.

BADA BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The grenades and EMPs flew through the air and had hit their target. From this mighty blow, the president was shot through the air out of the sight of the courageous Link.

A little while later, a body was discovered in hunted. This body looked really familiar to the rescue crews. After some examinations, the body discovered was that of the President of AOL.

After the death of the cheating llama of a man, the company AOL Time Warner was now bankrupt and sold out to many other Internet providers. To this day, no more unknowingly citizens have been wrongfully persuaded to join an Internet provider like America Online.

After a long time of peace on the Internet, a man bearing the AOL President’s description was found on the planet Kilack. This man created an Internet provider that tricked the Kilacks in to joining and imprisoned them forever. Never will they ever be able to download 1 Meg files in less in 10 minutes!!!!

However, back on Earth, all was happily surfing at incredible speeds and everyone including Link lived happily ever after.

The End

hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applauds*

*wipes tear from eye*

What a lovely story!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like my ISPHighspeed my ass I only get about 3kb/sec average! My ISP hasn't upgraded their servers in over 10 months! Its crap. Hence my high ping in TFC.

[RS]Potato-VS-
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty good!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vulcan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the story. Maybe we should make a movie sometime for it. with the gibcount at 9999.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am liking this story more and more right now, after being booted offline twice in under 20 minutes.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Link's Story Reply with quote

Linktodeath wrote:

BADA BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Musta been one helluvan explosion!

...dont you hate it how AOL has a new update that it FORCES you to download EVERYTIME you log off? and what version are they on now? 8.0?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Link. When I first started out on the internet I had AOL. I used it for about 3 weeks then I stopped using it all together. Then I had a thought, what about a cable modem. I have never been happier. To D/L over 100 megs in under 8 minutes is incredible. I pay thru the nose for it but what other choice do I have. AOL, ya right .
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe I had AOl for 4 1/2 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had AOL for 4 years now!!!! And i have never been more unhappy.

BTW, its on 7.0, which is the worst because:

1. Can't switch screennames(Bug - disconnects)
2. Slower than ever
3. On mine screename, ONLY, it does not tell me if i have mail, so its always empty, so i have to check, and the welcome screen never comes up.

In conclusion, it's completely messed up(i could have used a different word!!!)

Anyways, the story, getting pics, and uploading the pics took about an hour total. I will probably be writing and posting more stories, because it's a wierd hobby of mine. AND if anyone else wants to be included just tell me.

Thanks for your support, I've always been told that i am a pretty good writer.

P.S. I wrote the story at midnight one night right before i went to bed.

P.P.S My brain works best right before i go to sleep. Why, I dont know.

-Link

Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will gladly be in one of the next ones. I still think that we should make some demos in game or something like that.
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u should make a game about killing the aol owner guy bravoh bravoh onchor #Beer

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Omega Snipa wrote:
u should make a game about killing the aol owner guy bravoh bravoh onchor #Beer

Hey, i can't think of ideas at the moment, so does anyone have a good idea for me to write about????
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: