FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gambling stories

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Gambling stories Reply with quote

Since I'm heading off to Vegas I figured we'd start a gambling story thread

Frag's nightmare at a blackjack table recently at the boat.

Frag sits at the table (stuck at 3rd base) as a n00b blackjack player next to him sits with a pair of 5's. The dealer is showing a six. The player to Frag's right makes the genious move of "splitting" the 5's into two new hands. Frag is sitting at the table with 11 thus far ready to double. The first card is a 10 as the player then sits on the 15. The second card which would've been mine naturally comes up as a 10 so the player has two hands of 15. I would've had 21 on a double if the moron didn't split. The moron would've also had 20. So, I double down and promptly get a 2 getting me 13. What does the dealer have on the six? A five! The naturally the queen comes giving the dealer the 21 and we all lose because of the dip****

Thank you, drive thru

PS: The house didn't even need the odds to win that one, right Sully?

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a nightmare story but here goes........
My first time at the roulette table and I get $10 dollars in chips, $1 dollar chips. I lay all my chips on 9. The wheel starts spinning and wouldn't you know it, the ball lands on 9 . I get up and cash out with a smile on my face and 360 more dollars in my pocket. I'm not much of a gambler either. #Fade in
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i love wasting money at the mob-run arcades and the boardwalk in NJ...i went in planning to spend $20 but spent $40 on video poker and at least another $20 trying to do the damn crane-grab for a Corona bottle lighter...BAH!!

(ps my friend got one on her second try...corona bottle lighters roX0r!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not much of a gambler, so I don't really have any horror stories. But I have some insight...

We were on a vacation in the South Dakota gambling country. My brother and I wanted to get my wife to pull a one-armed-bandit so we got some nickels to play nickel slots (didn't want to lose any real money). Anyway, we plug 1 dollar worth of nickels into the machine, my wife pulls the lever, and her Irish blood shines through--jackpot. We bought drinks the rest of that trip with nickels.

How lucky is my wife? She won backstage passes to a concert with her favorite singer. Her favorite singer was in concert, we showed up the day of the concert 1 hour before it starts and she buys a couple tickets that were will-call no shows--front row stage right. Same singer, different concert, she won backstage passes to the concert and 5th row stage right seats (we could almost see into the dressing area from these seats.) Right after we were married, I was teaching her to play poker (penny ante was a staple in college) and she routinely would fill inside straights. Be glad she doesn't play TFC, she would pwn us all!
three_gunn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not much of a gamber either...but we'll see this weekend Frag...remember, you have to show me the ropes on '21'

anyone new added to the list? anyone else gonna meet up with us this weekend? c'mon you locals! mainly talkin' bout you fellow californians...you know its not hard for us to take a last second trip to vegas! we do it all the time!
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh,

The blood curdlin' tales I could tell.....

But me throat, me throat is too dry!

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, my own personal gambling experiences are all good ones... with one exception: I was out screwing around bowling with my buddy Eric... our averages at the time were both around 170-175. I beat him the first game 190-116... so I bet him "everything in my pocket" that I'll beat him the next game... he ends up beating me 276-190-something. That SOB almost beat his first game by his AVERAGE. Good thing the pocket I pointed to only had 40 cents in it!

I pwn our nickle-and-dime poker games, overall, I think I've made about a 100% profit after 7 or 8 poker nights. I just know that instead of making 2 bucks in nickles and dimes, if we'd play for 1$ and 5$, I'd lose my shirt, and "everything in my pocket"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
{BGS}GLOOMIE357

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my gambling story: After losing $900, i'm down to my last $100 on Baccarat in Atlantic City. I decided to grow some ballz and put my last $100 on a tie (tie pays you 8 to1) So the players draw a natural 9 and then the banker draws a natural 9. At that point, i thought i hit it big but the dealer said nope, gotta draw again. So i was like F@#K! the player draws a 10 so it stays on 9 but the banker draw a 9 so the hand was left at 8 (9 +9 will give you an 8 instead of 1. So i walked away like a chump and with fuming steam that i went to hit a bar! Talk about getting jerked!
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, lets see.....

Was attending Comdex in Vegas in 98, bored senseless the first day so I am playing the dollar slots. Won about $180 they had to come pay me so while waiting for the cash I started playing the machine next to it and won about $100. Well by the time they came to pay me I played that down to $20 and walked away with $200. Went to buy tickets to see a show, while my buddy was in line to get the tickets I dropped a few bucks into a random machine and won about $120, played it down to $100 and walked away with the cash.

I was very pleased, up $300 on the first day.....

Well during the next 5 days of Comdex I lost that and another $600 and ended up not being a very happy camper.

Last day we were at the Luxor wasting time until our flight home and we found a huge arcade. Hell, if I had known that was there I would have spent all my cash there and had much more fun.

Oh, also, while at the Hilton I thought to try the $20 slots to see if I could win back some cash fast. Its the fastest way I know to blow $140.

Lets not even discuss the exchange rates......

Grrrrr, I hate Vegas!!!! I will stick to renting machine guns next time I go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was working in peoria IL, about 3 years ago I had my nightmare experience. It was payday and one of my co-workers has the bright idea that we need to go to the boat. "friday pay day is the worst" so we go. we both sit down to the black jack table he is on second and im on short, I start with 50 dollars in chips at the beginning. well my friends is loosing terribly and im over double my original 50, so he looks at me and says he needs to find another table since he is getting raped here. Like the doofus I am I followed him to this other BJ table. we sit down and thats when it started. not only is my buddy getting his clock cleaned by this guy but the whole table was. so he drops a couple of hundred and im now way in the red. so naturally im irratated to say the least. he wants to head back downtown to meet some buddies and forget about this fiasco so we leave and I take him and drop him off. for whatever reason I decided to go back to the boat and what did I do but sit back down at the same table with the dealer who is on fire, (I cant lose to this guy all night right??) there are only 3 of us playing and im on second base and this time im putting a small dent in him. one of the other 2 guys has had enough so he leaves and its me and the another guy playing the dealer, when bad goes to worse, next thing I know 3 of best looking girls ive seen decide to sit down to my right and play with us, no big deal I thought untill the one girl tells the dealer how the other girl just turned 21 and none of them has ever been gambling before. #Cussing out GREAT this cant be good. well I stayed for only five more hands before the total ignorance of these girls was enough to make me leave. I saw things come from those people i thought I would never see at a gambling table. naturally they were winning on some of the worst moves ever and the Dealer was happy because hes cleaning me and the other guy out and flirting with 3 totally hot girls. after what little bit of common sense I had left kicked in I got up and left, Having only 50 buck of my ENTIRE paycheck I had just gotten that day. From then on when I go gambling I take a certain amount of cash and leave the credit cards and debit cards at home.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: