FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Favorite HL Mods

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are your favorite HL mods besides Team Fortress?
Counter Strike
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Day of Defeat
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Ricochet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Firearms
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Deathmatch Classic
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
DragonMod Z
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

JtH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Favorite HL Mods Reply with quote

Ok i havent been playing halflife but since i reinstalled it ive been trying out other mods besides team fortress. this thread is for posting which mods are your favorites besides tf.if you click on other in the poll please say which one you like so i can try it out if i havent already.

Last edited by JtH on Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pointing out there isn't an other option.
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol oops. Now there is

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "Janitor's World", where everyone is an italian janitor in a white suit with a mustache! They run around different schools and attack each other with their mops. It's a DM, so anything goes. They try to be the first one to get to the principals office and "attack" the principal. There are other obstacles besides the other players such as kids that try and tackle you and beat you up, kids that make messes, kids that are extremely smart, kids that throw things at you, teachers that do numerous annoying things, and flying paper that makes you go blind if it hits your eyes.....you can attack all of them too (even the paper!)....You can wander the classrooms and set up booby traps for other players, teachers, and students. In some servers, you can play as a student or a teacher also.

Your weapons are:

A mop - Used like a crowbar, it can push people back, temporarily blind them, whack them with the wood end, trip them, and used to make water booby traps

A sliding bucket - Used to re-fuel your mop, trip people as you push it under them, throw at people, and dump on people's heads. This can also be used to make extra watery booby traps.

An electric sweeper thing - I don't know what this does, but it makes funny noises and is extemely fun to use on your opponents, especially when you can get a kid on the ground and "use" it on them.

Your mustache - Being able to change shapes and do what those shapes do, your mustache is a fully functional shapeshifter. Everyone in the school fears this monsterous hair, and will immediatly run when they see it "in action" (this does not count for the principal. The principals hair is even scarier).

Janitors are invincible, and are only "knocked out" for 1 min at a time. They can fly and speak fast italian to confuse their opponents,

The teachers and students have the powers that were listed above for them. The principal can do anything he wants, but is normally too stupid to do something smart.

This game contains no blood whatsoever, for if it did, it would be extremely violent. It does, however, contain sqealing, writthing, wriggling, screaming, agony, crying, being hurt grunts, jumping grunts, and everything else that makes noise..................................

Okay, so maybe this isn't a mod, but you have to agree that it would be the ultimate mod if made. I would make it but.....I don't know what I need and I'm too lazy, so I'll just keep dreaming

(NOTE to those that need it - I in no one way am a twisted strange and demented person IRL *cough* *cough*. This in no way represents how I feel about school. It is and should be taken as a cheap laugh and no more.)

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Janitors are invincible, and are only "knocked out" for 1 min at a time. They can fly and speak fast italian to confuse their opponents

#Rofl

OMG VP, you had me fooled, i was actually interested and was going to try and d/l it for a good laugh!

Hahaha...omg that was the greatest post EVER!

I would have enjoyed the realism in that game; everyone in my school knows that OUR janitors fly home afterschool.
SoDum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like firearms because of the realism in comparison to the others, and the skill system. This game is what counterstrike -should- have been, but wasn't. The fatal flaw is the fact that if someone can get 20 kills really fast before anyone else can get 9 they are unstoppable because of how the kill system works. That and the hit scan weapons makes for pleanty of aimbotters but besides that, it's a great mod.

Vampire slayer is also nice, though that has the counterstrike round system, where when you die, you are dead for 5 minutes. Kinda lame. That and the vampire leap can be used indefinatly so vampires are horribly, horrbly faster than the hunters... Then again, the hunters can take them out at a range. Also there are so few 'roles'; three vampires and two hunters, unlike most that have a bit more customization.

Lastly the opera. I havn't played this much, but it's just so awsome. You do more damage with the more style you have. How cool is that?

There are others that i like but these three stand out.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: