FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sig Tips!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted29

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Sig Tips! Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm browsing the Catacombs the other day...and all of a sudden I notice something.

Everyone has way cool sigs.

I've noticed some people with pretty sweet ones here. And I know hoaxy makes some sweet avatars. So anyway, how do you all do it? What do you use, how do you start? Give me the beginners lesson, because I know nothing right now!

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, most of the people at cats use photoshop. I have a number of different art programs, but I'm a n00b at it all, so I just use them for editting, instead of creating.

Oh BTW, most people here that have sweet sigs like that, had people make them for them

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
sSdD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol my sig pwns, my real one, but idk if they'd like it here at TV, it's got a solly givin the finger.... is that frowned apon here? if so i'll just stay with this one, but i found peps to make me one, snag can make em pretty good
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as programs go...

I know some people, I think hoax does, use Paint Shop Pro. I use Photoshop 7 (not for my current sig of course). If you search for Tutorials online, you can usually come up with some neat stuff. If you get your hands on Photoshop (check kazaa, but I didn't tell you that) you can go to www.phong.com . That guy has neat basic style tutorials for neat effects.

good luck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the easy way out, have someone make a sig for you (as you can tell, I made my sig, I still gotta get off my lazy butt and change it). http://www.hiikforlife.com/GGguild/ is one place you could look.
SoDum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes if you get lucky and stop by #logo in irc, someone will make you one.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to http://www.infared-designs.com , they have some of the best logos, and wallpapers i've seen. The 3 basic programs needed to make a good sig is:

Photoshop 6 or 7

3d studio max

and/or

Cinema 4d XL

I'm in the process of making a l33t sig, so look out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make my last sig animation, I used Paint Shop Pro 7, Animation Shop 3, and Microsoft Word. I downloaded Paint Shop Pro 7, which comes with Animation Shop 3, on Kazaa. It was 32MBs and you also have to download the crack for it to work for 137kb.

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to make flashes, since i downloaded Marcomedia Flash MX, which is really expensive, i believe.

For the record, I have downloaded a lot of programs worth a lot a money of kazaa.

The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful of Kazaa Link. One of the attorneys at my firm used it. It brings a bunch of little programs down and installs them without asking you. It allowed an outside person to circumvent my firewall because of the attorney.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: