FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
When it works, it works

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got into my first game of Murderball ever. Played with voice com which was working perfectly with my 2 teammates - two great chaps, Trinity and Last of the Finest. We definatley had an edge with successful comms used correctly. So err, I s'pose I am glad to be able to report on the first enjoyable experience with the new patch ??? Thought I would include a quick screenshot

http://home.carolina.rr.com/axa/Murderball.JPG

Heh - the wife is gtting pissed at me for babbling to the computer, so I am off to bed. "Babe, who are you talking to ??" "Not now, not now - I have this damn ball again...." "Well put it down and come to bed"

[ This Message was edited by: axa on 2001-09-19 22:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Axa on 2001-09-19 22:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Axa on 2001-09-19 22:34 ]
Last Of The Finest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree with you, Axa. That game was as fun as anything I've played in a while. Towards the end there with the 4 snipers taking out the people going for the ball and just general chaos around the ball was really a sight to behold.

So my opinion on Muderball has changed to a positive one. Also, Voice Comm is an excellent tool, and its uses for strategy are wonderful.

Just gotta hope it doesn't turn into a curse fest at each other for not performing correctly. Then again, there's always mute
Axa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I must raise though - a point I feel most strongly about :-

Sniping shud be banned from Murderball - sniping defeats the flow and the point of the entire map.This especially applies when there are say, 3 or fewer on a team. What sense is there in standing in a tower, plugging away at opponents, while your team member/s struggle to win the ball inside other camps without your help, while you sit idly on the tower picking your nose ???
Sniping is not a team sport !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.melenie.com
The Axacam® - Now more popular than pr0n
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with you AXA. It does seem snipers aren't for MurderBall IMHO. Nothing is more frustrating than going for the ball and getting whacked by a sniper over and over again. Rob could we try it without snipers for a week?
Last Of The Finest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so opposed to snipers as I am to snipers that do it just to up their stats.

There are two kinds of Murderball snipers, from my experience so far. There's the snipers that snipe for their team when they're going for the ball and defending, and try for the ball and position themselves where they're needed for the offensive.

And then there's the sniper that, even when another team controls the ball, shoots anything that moves, just to up his stats. This is the most frustrating sniper I can think of, and sadly, all too often the one you run into the most.

I'd be interested to see what things were like without snipers, but I still think that they're a good thing to have on a map like this.
Axa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said LOTF - umm, I forgot to mention what a great sniper/partner you were the other night. All I had to do was radio a target sniper, and you took him - thus providing excellent cover.

http://www.melenie.com
The Axacam® - Now more popular than pr0n
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: