FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Maps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Custom Maps Reply with quote

When you unzip the maps do you just put them all in the dir...
C:\Sierra\Half-Life\tfc\maps
Thanks in advance
BUC
Da Omega Snipa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think sooo

Da Canadian Snipa

whats that dot... AHHHHH MY HEAD WHERES MY HEAD
wow i'm burning toooooooo vP thanks to comp
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only put the .txt and the .bsp files there.

If there are any wav files or something else with it you need to place those in a different map. I don't know wich ones for sure but just look at the last part of the name and just search the maps where it fit's in.
Computer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where ever you downloaded it from it probably came packaged correctly. Whatever folder and subfolder is in that you downloaded it from it goes in the same place.

.mdl go in tfc/models
.bsp and .txt files go in tfc/maps
the only other folder that you will usually use is the tfc/gfx/env

The easiest way to do it is just download it unzip to your desktop and then cut and paste them to the right place. I have zero problems doing it in this manner.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the readme folder that comes with the map it should tell you whee to place the folders. Some maps are more complicated but it will still have the readme folder to instruct you.
OS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I extract them into my Sierra/Counter-strike folder ( Sierra/HalfLife for you ). It does everything else automatically for you.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use winzip.
Open the zip file. click on the read me. follow directions. highlight the ones to send to a particular folder. enter the directory info in the target window and hit extract. continue until they are all in.
The target window remembers the locations from one zip file to the next, so once you do one its only a matter of using the drop down window after selecting the files and hit enter.

You can send multiple files at once by dragging a box around them or using "control" and selecting files with the left mouse button.
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roof... thas the exact way i do it too... except i got win ace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
If you read the readme folder that comes with the map it should tell you whee to place the folders. Some maps are more complicated but it will still have the readme folder to instruct you.
<--- From BRN
------

where ever you downloaded it from it probably came packaged correctly. Whatever folder and subfolder is in that you downloaded it from it goes in the same place.

.mdl go in tfc/models
.bsp and .txt files go in tfc/maps
the only other folder that you will usually use is the tfc/gfx/env

The easiest way to do it is just download it unzip to your desktop and then cut and paste them to the right place. I have zero problems doing it in this manner. <--- from computer
------

I use winzip.
Open the zip file. click on the read me. follow directions. highlight the ones to send to a particular folder. enter the directory info in the target window and hit extract. continue until they are all in.
The target window remembers the locations from one zip file to the next, so once you do one its only a matter of using the drop down window after selecting the files and hit enter.

You can send multiple files at once by dragging a box around them or using "control" and selecting files with the left mouse button. <-- from roofcutter
-------
I extract them into my Sierra/Counter-strike folder ( Sierra/HalfLife for you ). It does everything else automatically for you. <--- from Omega
-------
roof... thas the exact way i do it too... except i got win ace <-- from bobins

all these points are correct and i use winzip for myself or u can get a file called Flashget which u can find here http://archaeology.csumb.edu/phatmat/maps.shtml
I am hoping this all help one buc fan in getting your maps and files all togather??!! i myself sort of added lots of them togather then point arrows to whom they belonged to
OnE_BuC_FaN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. to be a little more spacfic. I downloaded the map from the ville. I use win rar. I read the readme for rats map. When I went back to the server it still wanted to down load the sound file. I thought I put it in the right folder by cutting and pasting from the desk top. I guess my main concern is this:
If i let it down load form the server does it cause lag for players already on line? does it hurt the server? This is what I was tryint ot avoid. If I cancel the down load ecah time does it hurt the server?

Just want to do the right thing with out messing the server or the other players up.

Buc
Thank you in advance.
-=ITS=-GaladerieL[Vegas]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem One Buc Fan glad to have been here to help you out!! this is a great place to ask questions and things

thanks for being a good listener to what people had to say
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and load the sound files. downloading the sound is not going to drag the server down. They should not take to long.
If everyone was considerate as this the world would be a better place.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: