FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
dam some ppl

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: dam some ppl Reply with quote

some ppl are so -- well without being offensive -- thick when it comes to computers

a friend of my mums just got a brand new comp -- 1.5Ghz -- 256MB ram -- 35gig HD -- gf 4 graphics card -- dvd rom -- and a cd-rw and the latest lexmark printer

but she hasn't got a clue how to use a comp -- i just got back from setting it up for her -- i was so jealous cos its a million times better than mine and i was setting it up for somebody who had to ask me -- how do you turn it on -- how do you turn it off -- how do you print how do you write stuff etc.

I'm so jealous she doesn't even know how to use a comp n she got that set up -- n i got the slowest set up in the world

o well -- from now on I'm saving every penny i get towards a new comp -- a mate of mine in school got a descent comp for £700 -- but thats gonna take me an eternity to save

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah i love doing tech suppoert for my neighbors...they pay me to install stuff and tell em how to use it...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PondScum007 wrote:
ahah i love doing tech suppoert for my neighbors...they pay me to install stuff and tell em how to use it...

I like doing that stuff to. But when I upgrade to XP I can use the remote assisance feature so I can connect to there PC and fix problems from my house.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent loads of money on new computers and all I an say Bobins is it will be outdated a month after you buy it. If your gonna do it I recommend buying something cheap yet has the ability to be upgraded to what you want. When I bought my first machine I was the same way. My latest I had built for me exactly the way I wanted it and it ended up being cheaper than a prebuilt that is semi comparable. Just some advice, that's all.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt. My friend bought her puter like 3 years ago and spent 3 gs.

Her specs were...

60 hd
256 ram
17 inch monitor
ge force 2
dvd
cd-r

I was like pffftt, I jsut bought mine like three months ago and my specs are slamming dude. I spent like 1300.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
I've spent loads of money on new computers and all I an say Bobins is it will be outdated a month after you buy it. If your gonna do it I recommend buying something cheap yet has the ability to be upgraded to what you want. When I bought my first machine I was the same way. My latest I had built for me exactly the way I wanted it and it ended up being cheaper than a prebuilt that is semi comparable. Just some advice, that's all.

thx BRN -- i hate the fact that comps get outdated so quick

n im thinking about building my own (i dun this on work exp for a week -- building comps all day long from scratch -- it got boaring after the first 3 -- lol)

or i might get it specially built to my specs

i know the place i dun my work exp with said they would give me a discount cos i dun my work exp their -- which is great

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can never get tired of building puters. I just hate puting the power cord into the floppy drive in my case. It keeps coming loose when I'm working inside of my puter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky_Lil_Mikey wrote:
I can never get tired of building puters. I just hate puting the power cord into the floppy drive in my case. It keeps coming loose when I'm working inside of my puter.

That's funny. Mikey. Someone was telling me just that yesterday. Common problem/complaint.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky_Lil_Mikey wrote:

lol -- i hate it when stuff disconnects when your messin inside your comp

n its not that actually building comps is boring -- its just i was building em non stop for 5 days -- i build so many -- one after another -- after another

don't get me wrong it was fun at first -- holding 10 P4 2GHz processors was cool -- i never thought i would see so many -- n they were used within 2/3 hours n then i had to get more -- but after the first day the novelty just wore off

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: dam some ppl Reply with quote

bobins162 wrote:
some ppl are so -- well without being offensive -- thick when it comes to computers

a friend of my mums just got a brand new comp -- 1.5Ghz -- 256MB ram -- 35gig HD -- gf 4 graphics card -- dvd rom -- and a cd-rw and the latest lexmark printer

but she hasn't got a clue how to use a comp -- i just got back from setting it up for her -- i was so jealous cos its a million times better than mine and i was setting it up for somebody who had to ask me -- how do you turn it on -- how do you turn it off -- how do you print how do you write stuff etc.

I'm so jealous she doesn't even know how to use a comp n she got that set up -- n i got the slowest set up in the world

o well -- from now on I'm saving every penny i get towards a new comp -- a mate of mine in school got a descent comp for £700 -- but thats gonna take me an eternity to save

Now i bet you that my comp is worse, since everything is the exact minimum for TFC to run(look at sig). Also, i got a labtop that is so slow it is not even funny. I think it is 50megahertz or something.. I am gonna buy a new one soon. I got about $1050 and will save a little more before I buy one.

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: dam some ppl Reply with quote

Linktodeath wrote:
bobins162 wrote:

Now i bet you that my comp is worse, since everything is the exact minimum for TFC to run(look at sig). Also, i got a labtop that is so slow it is not even funny. I think it is 50megahertz or something.. I am gonna buy a new one soon. I got about $1050 and will save a little more before I buy one.

How about I EMP you and then steal your wallet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: