FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Most Embarrasing TFC Moments

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Most Embarrasing TFC Moments Reply with quote

OK, Tell my your most embarrassing TFC moment. I'll start with mine.

I was a real TFC noob less than a year ago and when I first started playing I used to play at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and it would be hard to find servers filled with people (I liked playing on full servers so that people did not notice how much I got killed) well after a couple of days I found this server that was always filled with people no matter what time it was the only problem was that everytime someone would kill me (and they killed me alot) on that server they would make fun of me which made me really angry so I would fight back with words of my own... yes, in those days I would cuss in game.

Examples
"Hey Ktulu you left your brains back here"
"Free trip back to your respawn Ktulu"
"I think I'll just sit here and wait for some noob to come by"

Being owned was one thing but getting teased with words made me really angry so I would fight back with words for hours.

Examples
"F*#K you as$h&!3 if this were real life I'd beat you with a bat"
"Kiss my @$$ loser tell me where you live and I'll beat the cr@p out of you"
"You m@7her f*#ker if I ever see you in real life I'll knock your teeth out"

I would get so angry that I would leave, take a break, come back and start fighting again and each time it would end with me cussing them out (this went on for 2 days)

I finally had enough so I wrote down the name of the server and was going to complain to the owner... the name of the server was [FoxBots].
I then discovered that I had been fighting with bots the whole time, not even real people, for 2 days I was cussing out robots and did not even know it.
I was so embarrassed that I changed my screen name and never returned to that server again.
Brujah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL .. sorry still laughing at ktulus

I swear the most embarrising moment I can think of would of been the other day on the ville!

I was running along as a medic super shottying this guy and I tossed a nade well I went to run around the corner.. and well there's a nade there.. didn't kill me though(was a teammates), now here's the funny part not only did it blow me back but it knocked me on top of that guys mirv ... did that kill me noooooo! I had to wind up on top of my nade! of all the lousy places to end up at...
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes big junk to fess up like you did Ktulu. Thank you for your honesty.

Sometime ago (at least a year and perhaps two), I was very green to the whole TFC on-line gaming community. I hit the Quick Start button in menu and started playing Ville 1. Shortly after and playing as a Demoman, I ran into enemy spawn at the bottom of town, up the nearest ladder and ducked below the railing out of sight. I lobbed grenade after grenade into the spot where the enemy team was spawning. I must of wacked scores of enemy players. I remember the excitement of watching the body count and thinking how brilliant I was.

I never got to play on that server again for at least six months and maybe as long as a year. As I said then, I maintain now that it was ignorance of the rules. Regardless, I bare my skeleton to all. It is truly Meat Juice's most embarrassing TFC moment.
Ludacris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am embarrased every game by suiciding. Every game i suicide about 15-20 times now. #Beer
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always used to say "nextmap" on The Ville 1 even when i was playing here for at least 6 months and would have these people who obviously just started playing at the Ville say that there is only Avanti. I always responded something like "I knew that, just forgot what server i was on...... "

Or i would accidently press one of my old neo bindings on 1 or 5 and have another "new player" tell me that neo wasn't on there, even though i knew that. (i just changed all of my bindings so that won't happen, tee hee hee)

Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about a million, but heres one of my more brilliant ones.

I had just started playing TFC, and i would always connect to random servers with lots of people, every time i connected i would see the Player was there, sometimes (1)Player, (2)Player, etc. Being really new, i thought that there was a clan called Player, where all the members went by player, and the leader was Player, the second best was (1)Player, etc. I thought this for about five months until i was forced to reinstall my TFC, i discovered that 'Player' is the default name in the game
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first game of TFC I ever played happened to be on turkeyburgers... So after I sat there for 2 hours getting the map, it finally started, and I then sat there and read all the class descriptions to see which I should pick, for like 30 minutes. (on a side note, I ended up choosing demoman and then I realised I wasn't bound to that class for ever )
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, heres another one from the days when TFC was new to me. I was playing red on a crowded server, the map was epicenter. I was playing scout (which i thought was the all around best class at the time ) and i got our flag. First i ran out into the middle area, where the two bases merge. An enemy engy started shooting me, so i cursed him under my breath and ran back towards our base, then i saw the other respawn exit, and went out that one. I followed the path untill i came to a tank where only a red engy and a red sniper were sitting, i saw the cp logo and ran towards the tank in glee, i thought i had the easiest capture ever. too make a long story short, i tried hopping on the tank, running into the tank, crawling around in and around the tank, but i still couldnt cap for some reason! ( ) My team promptly started yelling at me and complaining, it went on for about a half an hour, then the other team started yelling at me. Finally after an hour ( ) an admin showed up and kicked me..but i had been hopping around that tank in frustration with our flag for an hour almost

(BTW-It was the first time i had ever played epicenter, and its a good thing an admin came because the server had two hour map rotations)
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, such pleasant memories...

Well, I already fessed up to this one a while back... I joined a rather full game of Mulch... 3 on 3 on the side I was playing, with some more on the other side... I was a n00b to mulch and just starting to be known at the ville, so I thought I'd be all cool and start the match... so I prime a nail 'nade, thinking I'd release it nice and high and we'd start to rumble... well, I released the 'nade right at head level... right where it'd kill me REAL nice and fast... no one started to fight, they basically just laughed and made a couple snide comments (I know there were some current regulars there, but don't remember which ones)

I don't remember the player's name, but there was a time on TV 1 where someone was standing under the "grenades" sign... so I tried to be a good team player and be nice and helpful... for a couple minutes I just stood there saying stuff like "dude, grenades don't spawn there, follow me... I'm the demoman yelling for a medic..." I was starting to get pretty annoyed at the person, then they said "Ok, I'm back" and they run off and start fragging... they were freakin' AFK the whole time

I'm not even going to comment on the number of times I've had a score of like 4-27... crappy play and suicides can make even someone who could care less feel embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two I can remember, one was here. Built a sg in cap1 respawn and killed quite a few ppl. Just about got banned for that one.

Bad one was warpath. Not too new to the game at this point but not very good either. We had capped 3 and somehow I got myself all turned around and ran to cap1. Well only prob was I sat at cap1 yelling at our team to cap cap2. No one told me anything on chat, and sat there for a good 5 min or so before it struck me that there was no fighting nor anyone coming to get me. I hear cap4 is now secure. DOH. We needed cap5 not cap1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i've done that too, i disguise as spy and get turned around, then feign right on the border of the base, and when it says we capped 4, i run in (to cap 1) and think ive won the game
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: