FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SOLDIER VS. MEDIC/SNIPER /LIGHT CLASSES
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: SOLDIER VS. MEDIC/SNIPER /LIGHT CLASSES Reply with quote

Use your supershotgun from far away then rocket the crap out of them when they try to get close.I got sick of infection and snipers so I picked up soldier.Once you get decent at soldier you should kill medics 8 out of 10 times and basically never get infected.Usually you shouldn't have to waste grenades on a medic unless you get low on health and want to make sure he dies with you Snipers are fun to kill too use supershotgun very carefully a good snipe will chunk your health bad from afar and dodge rockets easily unless they are a noob.At midrange use rockets and up close rocket them in the air and if your feeling cruel shotgun them twice in the air and they will break there littlt legs hehe.If in a big battle just use you a second rocket to kill them when they land.Any light class can be killed this way pretty effectively but watch out for emp spam from engies a good primed emp will kill you :oops:Key to soldier is your supershotgun and well primed grenades.Your supershotgun will do good damage and iis great if you are low on rockets.Also use your shotgun alot at far range it is much harder to dodge than a long range rocket

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye aye Bada well put.

Snipers, first rockets bounces em, second one puts them to bed.

SSG underused by many shoulders IMHO. A good solly will always keep it handy (I'm sure any of the sollies that are better than me would back me up on this).

Light Classes = Little Bouncy toys

Meat Juice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A grenade is never wasted on a medic. That said, I must acknowledge that out of all the classes a medic has to combat, a soldier is the most difficult to kill. I found the secret to killing soldiers is to infect and run like hell because you just can't win a shootout very often.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meat Juice wrote:
A grenade is never wasted on a medic. That said, I must acknowledge that out of all the classes a medic has to combat, a soldier is the most difficult to kill. I found the secret to killing soldiers is to infect and run like hell because you just can't win a shootout very often.

It requires much much more medic skill to take down a soldier than the other way around. Some tips to help you out...stay above a soldier, that way they won't have the ground to bank their rockets off of. Also, don't try to infect a soldier. If he's any good at all all you will do is end up flying the other way. Concs work well on a soldier (even better than they do on a HW). Keep in mind when a soljah is conced he tends to shoot down at the near ground, so don't get too near him.
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most light classes have a 2 rocket rule, so 2 rockets will do the job. Scouts need 1 rocket and 1 shotty. Medic and spy you might need 3 splash hits, but 2 direct hits will kill it.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL try and infect me I will rocket you to a quick death Can you say free trip to respawn.Hopefully on D especiaaly you will have a sg on defense so if you get conced fall back to sg and prime a nade which will kill or bounce the silly medic into your teams sg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that when conc'd as a solly, you actual aim never changes. The movement on your screen is merely an illusion of movement. Your target and vision will move in a figure 8, but where you are actually shooting never changes.

Again this is also a good time for the SSG, the shot spreads out a lot more than the RL so if you have trouble aiming conc'd I suggest switching weapons untill the silly medic is point blank then ask him how your rocket tastes.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concs rarely harm me as solly. Although, they harm me when I play heavy.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing people while conced is great they get all pissed off WTF or how the hell is often uttered and I can't help replying BADA BOOM!

cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A soldier is indeed the hqrdest claas to kill for a medic, bu it's quite possible.
The last month i've been playing medic and i must say it's always great to run into a soldier. It's always a challenge. But if you move much around or stay above them it's quite possible to kill them.
I've been practising a it and i can kill 5/6 out of 10. So for the "better" players it can't be that much of a problem.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take out a soldier about 7/10 times with my supershotty and nades. They're not that tough to take down. They're usually over confident in their ability to bounce/rocket you, use that to your advantage. If they decide to duke it out with SShotguns, you can out run them and out gun them at that point. (The ability to kill smaller classes does not a skillful soldier make.)
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said snaggle!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snag also left out one tip that he often uses against me. If a solly does get the jump on you and launches you, it helps to know how to shotty/nade while in the air. Many times I have launched his sorry butt in the air only to be taken out from the sky by his shotty or nade. The solly isn't going to rocket you while your in the air so use the time to your advantage. You can get a good three or four shots on a solly before you land.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, for solly's once you rocket Snag into the air, whip out your shotty and go to work while he is flying!
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment on this would have to be that it is also somewhat map dependent, and I only say this because of how many nades you have. If I start with 2 or 3 nades, I can usually deal with most any class that attacks me first. I always conc sollies and fatties. Then if I'm real close I'll infect and then back off and knock some health off with the shotty and a regular nade then leave. That will leave most sollies near dead, and a fattiy, disabled and health on the fall. Although in open areas I prefer to keep my distance from most sollies this makes me much harder to hit at all with the rockets which forces him into a shotty fight, which, ahem. I would gladly accept with pretty much any solly.

Concs aren't just for jumping kids.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: