FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Look at what the ville has done for us!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: Look at what the ville has done for us! Reply with quote

I am not too sure how to phrase this, but ill do my best(such is always the case with me). I would put a simple "the ville rox!" but this calls for something more. I have been watching and thinking about all this a long time now, and I have been quite astonished with this place. Not only is the ville a game server, it is a forum, a think tank, a help center.

I have seen people come and go, not really realizing what goes on here. Look at all of us villuns, look at Powers and Rata, two brothers who play this game in their *OWN* free time, and yet they find the time in their busy lives to help the others who frequent the ville. Look at Ktulu and hoax, these two great people, who never would have known eachother otherwise, have been brought together by this wonderful place! Badabing both SR and JR are strengthening Parent-son bonds and sharing interests(that sounds a bit awkward, but ill leave it anyway), as well as Roof Cutter and killer roof cutter, and Albino Gibbon and son. Then there is RaTboy and ameanman, two schoolers who fight together. All of this is amazing. A brother and sister combo, Swift and Trigger Happy(that still suprizes me), and a husband and wife team, Cycodad and Cyco mom.
Old people and young people alike flock here, and for one breif moment each day, they play in harmony.

Also, this place is the most generous organization I have seen over the internet. People are constantly helping eachother, wether it be computer help, or personal problems. The sense of giving is amazing here.

Isn't that overwhelming? Never in my life would I have ever suspected that people could become so close over the internet, and yet, despite all my memories of being taught not to give out a name oer the internet, or tell people where u live, and to always watch your back, I have found that I have become attached to this place. Even though I am judging people by words appearing on a screen, transmitted by a machine, somehow, I feel connected. It chokes me up inside to be here, where the sense of unity is so strong. People from around the world play here, and *most* national barriers and politics are forgotten, and the common compassion for the fellow person kicks in(regardless of the massive slaughter that goes on in the game that this place represents).

That also amazes me, the fact that people can be friendly and even love eachother even though the attend an organization that provides a game that flashes gory explosions and horrendous violence before our eyes.(which I have grown quite partial too).

The ville is the very epitomy of teamwork. We are all a big team, wether we like it or not, we are. All of these things put together make me proud to be a villun.

Ok, well got that off my chest... Hope the relief will improve my playing...j/k Im all emotional now becuz of all this.....damn hormones.......cant wait till im 21 and then BAM! Everything is easier Thanks for your time folks, hope you found this semi enlightening.

-KK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said!
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Nice post. Good job!

The VILLE ROCKS
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Well said indeed
There is nothing more for me to say about that
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice said!!!!!!
the ville is certainly a nice place.
I began playing on it a couple of months ago and i was sold immediatly.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Look at what the ville has done for us! Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
Then there is RaTboy and ameanman, two schoolers who fight together. All of this is amazing.
-KK

Hehehe, how true....Rat Boy is like. ..the BEST friend EVER! Yahoo! He used to teach me a lot about TFC and strengthened all my pyro techniques so i got better at it (he also happens to be the one that introduced me to TheVille!) I owe it all to ya man! (And no KK, with the knowledge that i Have now on this class; you will not beat me...hehe..)
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you worry meanman, I was *much* better before, just got some catching up to do

-KK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe...k... Gl on it..

Well, at least now iknow that there SOME other pyros out there; i was worried taht i was one of the few remaining ones.... Im just keeping a old tradition alive..in the ever so growing swarm of sollies out there (which also happens to be my most feared class as a pyro... )
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right, KK! This place is my home! I have loved it for a long time for so many reasons. I have met some truly extraordinary people here, including you! I can't imagine life without The 'Ville!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!

Last edited by hoaxie on Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one -- i only started playing tfc online a mounth or two ago -- and by luck i stumbled accross a tv server -- im so glad i did -- i then checked out the web site signed up last mounth and i havent left -- just look at how many posts i have clocked up -- lol -- i love this place and i have learned loads of stuff to help me with my game -- i have recieved technical help and DK is even posting me a 16MB voodo card thing to me -- for free and i live in the UK -- how generouse can u get -- thx mate -- i really dont now what i would do without the ville -- thx to rob and gang for keeping it running smoothly and sorting out annoying llamas n n00bs in game -- u all rock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single tear rolls down my cheek. We may not be members of TVB in name, but truly with a post like that it makes you realize that we're all brothers, and sisters tee hee hee. Well worded KK

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual...I'm speechless

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts

Last edited by FragFailure on Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine frag just leave us all like that...haha.......goood post KK

#Beer
Computer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post. How positive. I feel moved........... no really I do.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post KK, in the short time you have been here you have completely figured out the magic this place holds. We may have our fun on the game servers but the life blood of The Ville exists here in the forums and the friendship we show each other. It has been my home for 10 months now and I can't imagine my life without it. With Hoax now in my life I believe I have felt every emotion life has to offer here at The Ville. This place is magic and the people who are a part of it rock! Rob should get the noble peace prize or something and then Frag got the genious idea of forming a brotherhood clan that does not compete but still houses some of the most skilled players this game has to offer.

See how special The Ville is, we are lucky enough to attract people as good as yourself KK, this does not happen by accident.... people are like water, we seek our own level.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: