FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MEAT JUICE - Infection help
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: MEAT JUICE - Infection help Reply with quote

Meatjuice -
I don't know if you post here much, but I have always admired the number of infection kills you get. Your infection kills are an order of magnitude greater than everyone elses.

Right now, you have 308 timer kills. The nearest person has 90! I've seen your timer kills almost to 1000 over a 7 day period. How do you do it?

Anyone else have any advice on how to be more of a disruptive force with the medkit? Most of the people I infect either kill me and get to a medic, or run into the heat of battle and die in a blaze of glory.

I'm really starting to enjoy medic now that I'm about 50% with the handhelds. Now I want to get to the point with the medkit where people complain that I'm ruining the game!

[apostrophe test: I'm don't it's ] glad that's cleared up!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know if you post here much, but I have always admired the number of infection kills you get. Your infection kills are an order of magnitude greater than everyone elses.

Easy, he plays with people that don't have a key bound to kill that they hit the second they get infected.

Back when i wanted infection kills i found the easiest way to do it is infect, hit with two shotty blasts for all classes but scout, pyro, soldier and HW. HW infect and run; don't worry about the infection kill, worry about living. :p Soldiers and pyros both need three, sometimes soldiers even need four. Scouts only need one, or two weak ones.

The reason is that it will drop them to under 16 life most of the time, and since the infection does 8, they have two seconds to live. Some might still kill themselves, but, hey. There are some fair players out there that wouldn't.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Computer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to JR's tips steal the health packs. Medics aren't always around and if you can steal the only other means for getting health back then death is only a few ticks away. Although I'm a crappy medic, so I wouldn't listen to me.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much...
Shotty use and bag grabbing are essential. Having a nade primed never hurts either. The supernailgun works well as an armor stripper too.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the annoying as hell infectious medic. I've played a fair amount of that, but hardware trouble has kept me from playing it (or anything else) much for a long time. A few well-proven tips:

If you're infecting the other team, always be running around grabbing every health pack you can. I know when I'm infected and I can get a good supply of packs, I don't worry at all, I can stay alive a long time

Try to find "choke points" where if you infect one guy, it'll rapidly spread to several others... Some of the best are hallways with snipers camping in them... infect the sniper, and all his teammates that run by catch your little packets of happiness

Never forget that you have other weapons... 'nades and the super shotty are strong enough to kill the NME anyway, but if you infect, and then pump a few shots into them, they'll die before the NME medic can come and save them...

It's worked the best for me to be infecting the enemy as far from the front lines as possible. If it's avanti, and they're trying to cap 3, be running around below 2, in the deathroom, the sniper balcony, etc etc... they'll be weakened when they get to the battle, and you'll cause havoc! Half their team will just chase your infectious personality around instead of attacking the cap point. (your KTD ratio will blow goats when you die so much, but who cares?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last thing we need is more effective infectors. Meat Juice and Snag are bad enough. I was happy when CycoDad stopped playing Med so much.

*walks away muttering about lousy infecting medics*

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully, what are you complaining about, you're a soldier. Smack them around a bit with your rockets and nades.

Just leave me alone...

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try JR, but Meat Juice in particular is very successful at sneakin' up on me and laying a little infection smackdown. 'Course, I think he would be the first to admit that after he does that I usually shoot a little rocket deterant his way.

I hate being infected. It's hard to get dates.

[ooops, didn't mean to say that]

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
The last thing we need is more effective infectors. Meat Juice and Snag are bad enough. I was happy when CycoDad stopped playing Med so much.

*walks away muttering about lousy infecting medics*

There was a period there where you couldn't spit without hitting a medic, at least now it is back to a reasonable number most times. Thanks for remembering me as a medic though. I find you can be forgotten in a few weeks if you stop playing certain classes. I still play it from time to time, but nowhere near as much as I used to.

And Sully as a medic I hate Soldiers, so we are even. I can't stand the fact that there can be 4 soldiers on a team on most of the Ville servers. Snag is back and MeatJuice has realy gotten pretty damn good as a medic. He was even starting to annoy ME the other night . Good medics have the same philosophy...Infect what you see, shoot what you infect, grab all the packs, use concs and above all else, FRAG the NME medics !!!

It is that simple, oh and take it to the NME....The best defensive Medic is an offensive medic IMHO.
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good medics have the same philosophy...Infect what you see, shoot what you infect, grab all the packs and above all else, FRAG the NME medics !!!

That's funny, i consider myself to be a good medic and all i do is fly around with concs, Nailgun SGs and shoot those bastard Engies and snipers.

Infection is really a weak tool against a half decent team, especially when people suicide when they get infected... Nades, nails and shotguns (oh my) are the real combat assets of the medic.

Edit: What was described sounds like it'd work fine on avanti and avanti only, but... Who in thier right mind plays medic on avanti?

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly Roger wrote:
That's funny, i consider myself to be a good medic and all i do is fly around with concs, Nailgun SGs and shoot those bastard Engies and snipers.

Infection is really a weak tool against a half decent team, especially when people suicide when they get infected... Nades, nails and shotguns (oh my) are the real combat assets of the medic.

Ah, but it is a tool of the medic and how can you be a good medic if you don't use all the tools at your disposal. My k/d ratio is usually pretty good as a medic since I use ALL the tools available to me. Anything that weakens the NME and causes irrational responses (like half the team chasing the poor NME medic) has to have some use.

If you infect someone and they "kill" themselves, they take 5 seconds before they respawn. I call that a minor victory of itself. I'm sorry, you can be a fair medic without infecting, but a GOOD medic uses all the tools. Some people think medics should just cap flags and skip the frags...would you consider that a good medic ? If you do then end of discussion I guess.

Everyone has different opinions but in my book, if you want to be considered GOOD at a class, you need to use all the tools you can to accomplish your goal. If you are an offensive medic trying to steal flags or cap points then infecting doesn't really help you much, true. But it can help your team and therefore should be used when appropriate.
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some people think medics should just cap flags and skip the frags...would you consider that a good medic ?

People don't?

Wait, i forgot the ville is a pub server, my bad.

The -really- good medics out there(no, not me, i mean like, league players. Defrag and what not), very rarly stand in fight, and when they do it's with thier grenades mostly. (watch some demos, you'll see...)

Medics, to me and (more importantly) most of the people that will pwn you 24/7, are just beefed up, slightly slower scouts with grenades, (always useful), super nails (take down SGs quicker) and a shotty for actual combat that will always work in a pinch.

Infection is nice, every so often. But... Not usually, except on n00b maps... my bad, i mean, attack and defend maps. (I'm so going to be flamed for this post.)

Anyway, in the end it's a matter of different opinions. I think they are capping machines, you think they are a mere pestilance. To each thier own.

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly Roger wrote:
Anyway, in the end it's a matter of different opinions. I think they are capping machines, you think they are a mere pestilance. To each thier own.

Excuse me, but you are the one limiting the role of the medic NOT me. I NEVER said that all they need do is infect. I pointed out that it is a tool and should be used by GOOD medics.

The cap only medics you refer to are good CAPPERS that happen to be medics (beefed up scouts with real nades like you said) NOT good medics. If I attacked as a engy and EMPed and shotgunned everyone but never built a SG or a dispenser would I be a GOOD ENGY ?

It isn't a matter of opinion in this case, it is a matter of LOGIC. I also don't need to SEE the 1337 medics out there to know how medic can be played. Different styles for different maps and different objectives. when my objective is capping you will seldom see my kit out unless I'm passing through an area with close quarters where I might have a chance to infect someone as I pass. Infecting a defense on your way in increases the chance they may be dead or getting a pack when you are on your way out. It is always about TEAM objective and how to achieve it.
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I attacked as a engy and EMPed and shotgunned everyone but never built a SG or a dispenser would I be a GOOD ENGY ?

No, but if you never built a dispenser or used your rail gun, but still made a sg and used your shotty and emps, you could be. There is too big of a difference there because Medics have many more abilities then engies, engies are sort of limited by thier SG and emps, medics don't need to infect, or fight for that matter to be skilled, even though they can be.

I see it like this; every single class has one thing they are really good at. Most have other things they can do. Medics, in my eyes, are best at capping, not being annoying. That's what pyros are for.

I limit every class to just that one task, rather then take all of them, because if i'm good at that one task with every class i won't -need- thier secondary abilities. The only class that's really an exception is the soldier.

That may make me a bad player, because i limit myself like that, or it may make me a bad player because i only can do one thing per class. So be it. It's what's effective for me, so i'm gonna stick too it.

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly Roger wrote:

That may make me a bad player, because i limit myself like that, or it may make me a bad player because i only can do one thing per class. So be it. It's what's effective for me, so i'm gonna stick too it.

It only makes you a BAD player if you don't have fun doing it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: