FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TF2(cause someone asked in game)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brujah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: TF2(cause someone asked in game) Reply with quote

I'm only posting this cause someone asked about it in game

I would appreciate to see this game today(probably cause I'm sick of seeing stupid games lately, maybe if I get lucky I can try out the UT2K3 demo today).. but it won't happen

ok here's the deal.. Valve being the uuum... people they are havn't said crap on TF2(wow what a shock). But I saw a URL the other day on the TF2 forums at sierra's lil site that had (what's his face)Mr. Big man saying they were near that point in the game that they would release info soon(oh yeah sure!).

Well this won't happen till Condition Zero(refered to as other rude, deragatory, and pointless comments from now on) is released, simply due to the fact that CZ(that piece o crap CS solo thing) is still using the HL engine and well.. they don't wanna steal the spotlight from that(wow go figure eh?)

now that's all the reasons I've found as to why(Please goodness, WHY!?!) TF2 hasn't been released.

As for gameplay(not 100% reliable site, due to the fact no one really has an real info on the game) the new engine is supose to include some form of physics(?), where room size affects what happens and what not. Meaning if your a pyro and you go shoot your lil flame gun into a really cramped sniper bunker.. you'll roast em all(woo hoo! burn lil fraggers!). This would make me feel alot better about the game in overall due to the fact that.. not a hell of alotta games allow this kinda thing. of course then you hafta take into consideration they might push more realism into the game, like ducking while you shoot for accuracey.. but that's beside the point.

Well there we have it.. all the crap I've dug up over the past... 6 years!

JESUS! what the hell is wrong with valve? really man.. NWN only took 5 I mean what the hell were you thinking! scrapping an entire game for a new engine... I mean come the hell on we all know you've already made the freaking game and that *muffled screams*

Valve Representative: We are admitting this man to the Insane Asylum now, nothing to see here move along
Dahak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

half-life took 5 years... and how long has it been since HL was released? only 3 years, so it's still too soon for valve to be completely done with it in reality, even though people have been complaining about it not being released when they said it would be.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condition Zero this fall- delivery method Steam and instore. TFC2 spring 2003- delivery method Steam only (broadband required).

DK
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubting the spring 2003 time frame. I remember about 2 years ago a time being set and here we are now with now TFC2. When it shows up, then I'll believe it.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it's kind of gotten that way for me now too. TF2 is just a figmint of my imagination until I see it ont he shelves.
Dahak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a friend who works for sierra, the publisher of tf2. i can assure you, it's coming out, because he's seen betas of it bad thing though.. it's more like CS then TFC.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea about the sys. reqs.?
OS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting for Borg to say that.

And TF2? I know all you guys are saying that it will be more like CS than TFC, but my fingers are still crossed. "Gotta have faith! FAAAAAIITHH!"
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condition Zero was supposed to be released March of this year...But when you've got (literally) millions of fans backing you, you can extend your deadlines indefinitely.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: