FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Murderball question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, just looking for some clarifications on the Murderball rules. Some experienced players have adopted the tactic of hanging out at the center of the field, waiting for the ball to pop up. For want of a better term, let's call it "lurking". Two questions:

1) Is it legal to lurk?

2) Is it in good taste to attack lurkers?

The tactic doesn't bother me much, but I do like to toss a few rockets at the lurkers and watch the bodies fly.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thom aren't you supposed to be at work...I am. Just got to post though. hehehe
Lurking sounds like an acceptable tactic to me. Kind of boring though it will take a sniper type mentality to wait for the (kill) ball. I would think they would be off limits cause they are still going for the ball just slowly. I imagine that they would fight amongst themselves waiting for the ball , knocking themselves away from the pick up spot. This sounds reasonable and opens up a whole new battleground. Maybe you have to be part of the lurkers to activley fight for this area, not by running by and lobbing a rocket or gernade their way.
Now we know why there was one sniper allowed,... pick your posion.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-10-15 10:39 ]
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if its legal or not, I think I agree with Roof though and that is that the lurkers can fight amongst themselves while waiting for the ball to drop.

LanSensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best solution would be to have the map reset when the ball is dropped. That way everyone starts back at home base and then has to run out and get the ball. So, who knows how to modify maps?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: