FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to be a better Llama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just perusing through the tip section and found my old llama post. Man this brings back some old classic ville, and pre-ville llama memories. hmmm *looks up at the sky and starts dreaming about pre-ville llama days*
ToRaK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tip for snipers in a mirror damage server. You can shoot your friendly spies, exp with the AR to give them a little bit of speed boost in warpath when you are running from the gates.
osiris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst thing a llama can do is block the ladder...esp on maps like dustbowl where you have to use the ladder to get up to defensive positions. this is the worst llama thing ive ever seen...
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most llamarific thing you can do in the eyes of the ville is...

Join eP.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
`RaphX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris wrote:
The worst thing a llama can do is block the ladder...esp on maps like dustbowl where you have to use the ladder to get up to defensive positions. this is the worst llama thing ive ever seen...

Stop at the top of the ladder on Avanti. Don't accept any crap when people start typing "MOVE, YOU IDIOT!". All you have to do is say "STFU, I WAS TYPING YOU IDIOT". Then argue the issue for the next 5 minutes, and allow the defenders time to bolster their defense. After a few minutes, tell your team that they suck, becasue they don't know what they're doing.
Verman
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! LMAO!
This entire thread would've made a nice additon to EWL when they were in their prime!
Excellent postings, though perverted they are...............
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only got through 4 classes before you stopped! Anyway, my favorite llama tactic is when you're a spy. If you're with another spy or a friendly, toss a genade around the corner to get the defenders runnintg to you and then disappear. alternatively, you can toss grenades at your friend to kick him into the enemy line of fire.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a guru llama engie, I feel I must add some of my favorite tactics:

Once you have your SG up to lvl3 with 100% health and armor, grab every single ammo back that spawns, so you can cram just one more round into your SG. This is especially effective if you're grabbing the only 'nades bag.

If there are 2 engies on your team, keep grabbing every single pack, and run over to your teammates defenseless lvl 1 SG with 0% ammo, holding out your wrench, but never using it on the other SG.

It's also nice to place your SG somewhere that blocks a hallway, and make sure it stays lvl 1 and is pointing away from the NME.

EMPs are your friend! If you see a teammate kicking the crap out of an NME, toss your EMP there to make the NME go BOOM! Your teammates will love losing easy frags to your perfectly timed EMPs.

Advanced llama engineering:

Only ever build your dispenser in chokepoints behind the lines that your whole team will have to hurdle to get to the action. (this is even more fun to do when you trap a sniper outside a doorway, so he can't get back under cover when the rockets start arriving)

For NEO servers: Make sure there is no one on your team anywhere near you, build an MG, and announce in open chat the exact location. Then run toward where any of your teammates will suicidally charge from to try to keep it from getting stolen. Repeatedly bump into any teammate who tries to upgrade it.

Ultra-Advanced NEO llama engineering: Build your MG in a very hard place to get to, so a medic/scout needs to conc up to it... just after they finally get a good conc jump and upgrade it... once they jump back down, detonate the MG! Say "Oops, wrong key, I'm sorry... can I get some help again?"

Ultra-Advanced NEO llama engineering for the particularly sadistic:
Don't actually build an MG, but keep asking for an upgrade! If your teammates ask where it is, say it's up on some impossible to get to ledge, or underwater somewhere... if your teammate ever actually does get to that imaginary place, repeat "Oops, wrong key..." and then repeat process.

As a secondary llama tutorial, I offer llama scouts:

The easiest tactic is to use your blazing speed to steal every health/ammo pack just before your badly wounded teammate can get it.

Use your conc 'nades, and complain that they don't do any damage. Whine about how weak the scout class is, but don't change to anything else.

If you're on a NEO server, don't ever upgrade an MG, get demomen or soldiers to do that for the poor Engie.

If you're playing with a llama engie, you two can work together to completely baffle your entire team. Get the engie to build his MG somewhere that requires a conc jump. Spend the entire game trying and failing to conc up there, preferably when you are next to a teammate who is trying to do something. Hog the grenade pack, since you'll need to resupply your stock of conc grenades so you can upgrade the llama engie's MG.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitterBeerFace wrote:

It's also nice to place your SG somewhere that blocks a hallway, and make sure it stays lvl 1 and is pointing away from the NME.

Hehe, a good place to do that is on well, build a 'dwarf' sg underneath the lift in the attic (the one where it is squishes the sg together with the base) and stand back to watch. Some people will spend a long time trying to jump ontop of the sg and then onto the lift, others will climb all the way up to the attic to get to the flag room, only to jump back down angrily since their way is blocked
BlackHawk_REG_1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! clever names, i'd like to add one aswell.

Okay, charge your rifle up fully, then have one of your teammates jump ontop of you, aim your sniper rifle RIGHT up his butt, then POW! that mug will go FLYING. its fun to do, but too bad Ville has MD (mirror damage)
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i knwo i know, when u see me, u have let me kill u. ok? ok That's what a real llama does.

I love you JTHM <3
[njk]rat_boy
ur stuoid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rAT bOY wrote:
oh i knwo i know, when u see me, u have let me kill u. ok? ok That's what a real llama does.

I think i just did that in game

DK
Oil Spill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my old bad habits before I started playing on the Ville were...

MEDIC - Concussion grenade my own teammate sniper so they can't aim and keep blocking his view, and then when he starts complaining about you go around healing other teammates so you look like a "good guy" while he looks like the ass (best done when no one else except the sniper is witnessing your actions)

SOLDIER - (Especially on 2fort) Shoot at your team sniper's feet and watch them fly up to where all fighting is going on in the middle. Then say "Get up to the front lines you coward." (It's also good to show the other teammates you, a soldier, are up there for a reason, so start spamming the enemy base until your sniper respawns then repeat the process over)

PYRO - Block your sniper's vision with flames.

Continue doing these actions and claim "I'm trying my best, I'm just trying to learn the game." And also deny everything the "victim" (sniper) is claiming you are in fact doing.

Oh by the way, in case you haven't realized it yet, I don't like snipers....
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil Spill wrote:
Some of my old bad habits before I started playing on the Ville were...

MEDIC - Concussion grenade my own teammate sniper so they can't aim and keep blocking his view, and then when he starts complaining about you go around healing other teammates so you look like a "good guy" while he looks like the ass (best done when no one else except the sniper is witnessing your actions)

SOLDIER - (Especially on 2fort) Shoot at your team sniper's feet and watch them fly up to where all fighting is going on in the middle. Then say "Get up to the front lines you coward." (It's also good to show the other teammates you, a soldier, are up there for a reason, so start spamming the enemy base until your sniper respawns then repeat the process over)

PYRO - Block your sniper's vision with flames.

Continue doing these actions and claim "I'm trying my best, I'm just trying to learn the game." And also deny everything the "victim" (sniper) is claiming you are in fact doing.

Oh by the way, in case you haven't realized it yet, I don't like snipers....

wow, you were a real llama!!
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go as a spy, disguise as the enemy and run back and convince your team you are not on thier team. Now you have them chasing you all over the place trying to kill ya.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: