FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Conc jumping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Conc jumping Reply with quote

I think that people have some illusions about conc jumping. First off, the strongest part of the blast, belive it or not, isnt the epicenter, but is actually the edge. In other words, you get more force if you are bearly in range as opposed to right next to it. Next, the two best places to conc are going downhill and in water. A corner is better than flat ground, but as mentioed before, the edge is the best place to be. So that way, you can get closer to the top edge than if you were just jumping. My last tip for conc jumping is learn how to prime a grenade, run outside with it, and then let it go. This method saves time, and you are in the open for a smaller amount of time.

As for tayconc, its a good place to pratice for begginers, but all that double conc stuff you will almost never need in a game. If you pratice getting close to the edge of the blast, you can accomplish the same feat with one conc.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tayconc actually requires 3 double concs (getting the ball and all). The rest you can easily make using a HH.

I'm not sure exactly what your talking about with getting away from the epicenter of a conc blast. The most powerful conc is a handheld (HH) concussion. And for those you never even let go of the grenade.
Enrico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? I have never tried that, whenever I hold the conc it usually just expoldes and bleeds away all of my speed.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HH conc is hard to master and you need a low ping. But it is by far the most powerful and the enemy will nerver know a conc jump is coming. You dont throw the grenade on the ground. You are just gone.

I use it sometimes when I get a flag or know when I need a quick escape (pre primed.

Timing is everything.

<TVB> DK
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ToRaK and DK here. The HH conc is a wonderful tool to use, but it takes practice. On Avanti you can cap cp1 2 or 3 with a HH and also jump from the balcony to the back door of the church easily. I have used it many other places, too--like capping 1 or 5 in warpath. Only I can not get much height from it (like elevator in 2fort) only distance. Is height possible, or should I quit trying?
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can jump both higher and farther with the handheld. The difference would be how you jump and where you are in your jump when the conc goes off. I'm not great at it but I get it to work some of the time. Only drawback is that you can't double with it. Although if done right in most situation you won't need to.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gindapoo, HHing for distance and height is slightly different. And yes, you can get up the vator in 2Fort..you can also go balcony-balcony with it. But those jumps are different in technique.

To get more height (you'll lose distance) wait a little longer before you jump. You have to cut it real close. (If you're already in the air when it goes off you're just going to get dizzy and look like a fool) I find it helpful also to sharply look down while jumping. I on;y do this for hieght..and i don't know why. But it works for me.....
Ameanman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See pitiful diagram as reference:
Wait, for concjumps where you lay your conc on the ground, does the most powerful jump come when you are at section 3 right(if you are going to jump over the wall AND gain distance)? If not, where then?

Going <---way

......................................3 4
...................................2 . __
.................................1....|--|o
.....................................Conc

Just making sure, cuz im practicing them

Of course, using section 4 would be like getting up the 2fort elvtor shaft
and 1 would be a big push or something
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's right Ameanman. Nice ASCII art there. Only you should still jump full height even if you're going for distance or height or both.

There's a replacement timer that makes HH concs sooooo much easier. I hope anti-scripters won't object, but it's so much more helpful than the grenade timer TFC comes with. Here it is: http://www.planetfortress.com/misanthropy/concjump.asp. Make sure you read the intro to fully understand what you are doing. IMO it's not a script, just a better timer.

Now most jumps I do are HH. I do it from entr to entr in well, water to flag in openfire_l, entr to batt in 2fort (batt to batt is way too hard), etc...

Or for tayconc, you can do a triple conc to get the ball. Use one conc to get you high, but in the blast radius of the second. The second will send you really high, and the third will continue to push you up.[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ameanman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, stil kinda confused about the HH concjumping technique....if you just hold it until it blows, where are you propelled?
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you hold it and jump right before it goes off, it will shoot you way into the air and in the direction you are moving.
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definetly recommend practicign on a lan game where there is no lag. It's very touchy and the timing has to be near perfect or else you just jump, become dizzy and everyone will laugh. Oh yea, then they'll shoot you.
sSdD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man HH's r hard to master... i can hit about 1/4 of them to where they work... that takes timing and practice.... and i use doubles in game... in Crossover2 to get out of Basement... u can just use one in 2fort which is easier......
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only need 1 conc to get out of the basement on crossover2
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey rat, does that timer ever mess up for you? I use the same kind of thing, but sometimes the guy stops talking.. like if a grenade explosion happens near me, it'll cut the guys voice off alltogether. Do you have this problem?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: