FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keeping a positive mind...(Dare i say, JR's soapbox?)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoDum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Keeping a positive mind...(Dare i say, JR's soapbox?) Reply with quote

I feel that it has become nessacary for me to post this. Latly i've seen things in game, somewhat on the fourms that have downright depressed me. Not from llamas/new players, I expect them to be midly annoying, accident or otherwise, so i have more tolerance. I've been getting worried about some regulars here. Just... in general the mood of the ville seems to be declining.

I want to remind all of you that -you- are were it starts. -You- are the regulars, -you- are the role modles. It's -your- responsibility to keep your cool, because you are the one representing the community here at the ville. Yes, i get angry every so often too at people. What do i do? I make sure i don't touch my voice comm or chat keys. There is nothing wrong with being mad. There is something when you start to show it.

Think about it, you show up somewhere, anywhere, and the first thing you find are two people argueing. What are you going to think of that place? Not much most likly. That is not a good thing. Try your best to stay calm, and if you don't then drop it. Leave, ignore him, mute him, something. But don't argue with them. That accomplishes nothing, other than cause more problems. Keep you attitude upbeat whenever possible.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

[/soapbox]

Long live the ville!

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR I do respect your opinion but I really don't feel the way you do right now.
In fact it was tonight that I said to myself "the old ville is back" every game I played in tonight was like one big celebration for the new members. This place is really feeling good to me right now. #Bday

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way and I'll chicken any b@st@rd who is giving you any lip. #angel

We got rid of 2 llamas today " #2gunfire Booger and #Sniper Blitz" and the entire time the thread stayed very civil considering what was said... I think it was a success

I do agree that we "the regs" do have a responsibilty to uphold the values of The Ville as whenever possible. and your right about not saying something in the mic or keyboard when your mad.

It is better to be assumed a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
Abraham Lincon
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:57 am    Post subject: Really JR? Reply with quote

As Ktulu said, I haven't seen any declining mood... If there is tell me where *feels someone is in need of a good cheering up! * Anyhow, I always make it my busssinuss to be happy and your philosophy on that is mine as well. Anyhow, YALL YOUNGIN'S PLAY NICE NOW!!!

-KK

P.S. Oh and I finnaly got me an avatar!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you JR, I have seen a decline in mood. A few things happened that pushed my buttons and thats kinda why I've been gone. I really needed a break from here cause I was getting rather frustrated.

Last edited by Blown on Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt that way about a week or so ago. The mood had dropped and attitudes were really flaring up. But the past week or so has seemed to have brought about a new atmosphere which is great. Maybe people just have to blow off steam or something but the smoke seems to have cleared.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call it a decline in the overall mood :-?You get into a game with several good players and it's a blast, like normally happens on server I

There has however been a certain degree of downward change but I think it is because I at least see quite a few new folks visiting They have to become acustomed to the ville ways of do's and don't

At the same time there are some regular players that have yet to make the full turn to the ville's house, see post under complaints topic language It does not matter how or why and decline happens it alwasys involves language These players will see the light too one day and when they do I am sure that their gameplay will blossom with more overall enjoyment

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, <TVB>Jolly Rodger-VS-, did you feel a pinch?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go JR.

*Makes resolution to be a better Villian*
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry -- i have been a little anoying recently -- last night i used up nealy all of my sound things -- complaining -- i am really sorry -- i'm gona leave my sound and type keys alone from now on -- when im angre or anoyed -- soz

i think its cos when i was playing i was learning a new class -- so was getting killed every few seconds -- doh -- and i was in the middle of my exams -- so i was a little stressed.

the exams are over now though so i have calmed down and i had a good game on avanti earlier -- was leading on pts on my side -- theirs a first for everything -- lol

#Beer bring out the booze the exams r OVER -- yippy #Beer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe It's just cause i play on some servers, like four, at strange hours when all the admins have gone to bed and the llamas come out and play, and just manage to bother everyone until someone snaps... And it sometimes becomes a thugly scene.

And aside from the thing about blitz and booger, I commend the admins for that, there have been things posted recently that successfully do nothing but cause headaches... Won't mention any in particular.

But anyway. I suppose if you already think you are the best you can be, then don't bother trying any more, but...

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all my fault. I have been away far too much and have not been able to promote the fun and/or madness that I have in the past.

My advice is when in doubt just blame JohnDoe.

Of course I will just have to break out the admin_wedgie command on you all if you do, but until that command is invented I guess we will wait.

JD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played again today. The game was pretty friendly but it seems that the regs are fewer and fewer due to finals, etc. Anticipate some of us oldies coming back during the summer . I was amused that nobody really remembers me, but I *try* to be as friendly as possible but I'm usually an angry person.
<soapbox> I've noticed people getting away with things that they shouldn't be. I'm recording demos, and I will send them out to people and probably posting them. I'm tired of watching people get away with petty crap they said they'd be against. Clean-Up time children, lets catch all the naughty folks to come out and PLAY! I'm watching them, and when they do, I'll be waiting. You know who you are...
</soapbox>
Have a nice day! Nice to see my old peeps again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bobins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really enjoyed myself online today -- i was still training -- learning hw to use the sniper class -- but i didn't get angry or anoyed -- it must of been that i had exams looming over my when i got anoyed b4 ( a few posts up ) but their long gone now and i had a laugh online today

especially when i went onto tv1 -- their were around 6 tvb players on it and me and onother standard player -- and concidering i was learning how to use a snipe -- well lets just say i got slaughtered -- cycomom slashed me up so many times i lost count and [njk]whybkool set me on fire and burnt me to a crisp every time i wosent getting sliced and diced by mom -- lol -- it was fun though -- o yea and if by the slightest miracle i got past those two then guess who i would walk into -- u guessed it -- hoax.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: