FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Soldier/bouncing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Soldier/bouncing Reply with quote

Bouncing people as a soldier works very well.Shoot to the left or right of their feet and when they land repeat This way they take damage from walls and fall damage plus rocket damage Most good soldiers use this technique and you won't be poisened or knifed very easily

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than waiting till they land again and chancing missing toss em towards a wall and then hit the wall behind them. Sounds harder than it is, I'm certainly not anywhere even close to 1337 but if you keep you crosshairs on them and stay just a little ahead this is done very easily. Sometimes you'll even get lucky and smack'm in the face, then atleast you feel 1337.

<---- not 1337, but maybe 1335
bobins

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanxs for the tips

i'll try them techniques next time i play as soldier

o i know that its probably really obvious but what does 1337 mean -- i think its to do with how good u r but im not exactly sure -- now im showing that i havent been using the vile for long -- doh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a while you will have a feel for where they are being bounced to. So even if there are explosions or Pyro fire you will still have a rocket heading for the right spot.
About the only thing to do is throw your gernades and hope the soldier is having a bad day, because there is nothing you can do but go along for the ride to respawn.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or when your feeling really uber don't even use the walls, just hit them directly with the rocket.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr..I hate getting bounced, the only thing that works for me to stop this is attempting to steer like I would with a conc. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. Kinda crappy when you're helpless in the air. #Cussing out
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every medic and sniper deservers this treatment come on Snaggle Especially when you do it to them over and over again they really enjoy it

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobins162 wrote:
o i know that its probably really obvious but what does 1337 mean

It's "leet-speek". 1337 is a short version of 31337, or ELEET (elite). If you're 1335 or 1336 then you're not quite leet yet
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played soldier for so long I have not even been playing half life for so long. I better start again get back to being soldier. I AM COMING FOR YOU!. And I am great with bouncining and rocket jumping #Fade in

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks when you have ping like 250 and stuff. I can't even bear it. Hard to RL and you really need to time yoru rockets well.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the most fun way to kill snipers lately.I rocket them way in the air and switch to shotgun like skeet #Milti If they survive the shoygun they make a nice splat sound when they hit the ground and they are dead #Shocked Just set your shotgun and rocket when you spawn which I always do as a soldier then set last weapon within easy reach

Blown

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing wrote:
I have found the most fun way to kill snipers lately.I rocket them way in the air and switch to shotgun like skeet #Milti If they survive the shoygun they make a nice splat sound when they hit the ground and they are dead #Shocked Just set your shotgun and rocket when you spawn which I always do as a soldier then set last weapon within easy reach

Nah, you know whats even funnier is catch them in thier blind side, shoot a rocket, quickly switch to the shotgun and fire a shot. Then the following rocket that is still on its way finishs them off. Kinda like a combo punch for the knockout. Really funny when the shotgun shot gets thier attention then they turn and BOOM, rocket in the face.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better is to shoot them up into the air, pull out a corwbar and whack 'em. Takes about 3 stabs or so, but it is so dang funny.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way it to prime a nade for them on their way down
terreo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or even better..keep in mind this is hard shoot the with the rocket in the air

#ucclan
terr=winz!@#%^#@!!11
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: