FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Lets say that I am surrounded by Magnetron, Frag, Omega and Cartman. I have 4 regular grenades. Magnetron hits me with a rocket and go skyward. When I reach 30,000 ft. I throw a grenade at his face. Then all of a sudden Omega sets a red dot on my face as I look around, so I chuck another grenade at him. As I fall, Cartman puts some bullets in me, so I may as well let a grenade fly at towards his skull. Finally before I hit the ground and get stabbed by Frag, I let go of a grenade to hopefully make him explode. Is that called spam?

2. Is it also spam when I shoot all 6 pipes in a row while tossing a grenade playing as a demoman?

3. Is there like a time limit between grenades to let them go? Like 4 seconds or something. Is there an honest players rule to that?

4. Are we all having fun?
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nine times out of ten I always have fun..
on our servers there are not alot of extra grenades about, so if you let them all go at once then your stuck.. so when you really need one your stuck...

I take it that someone got on your case about letting all your nades go at once ?
Ap.

Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just on question 2 I was told I was spamming. The fisrt question I was just messing around since I probably wouldn't be able to even hit my grenade button before I died.
Mortem-TPF-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albino, no sweat! I have seen u play and you are on the smammy side but it is all fair. Personally I would not complain about it at all Keep on spamming
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, no idea what map you were on, probably Avanti, so you let rip with all your grenades at once.. SO WHAT !. If you get a kill, then its your fault for spamming ?? They can't cross an area for a few extra seconds because they have to wait for your grenades go off, it's your fault for spamming ???? *SIGH*
So apparently you are Supposed to wait till they are in a position to blow your brains out before you let loose your grenades ???
You get given weapons for one reason, to kill, so long as your not respawn camping, use them.
I've played with you many times, whenever I've seen you, you've been a good and fair player. If people played as a team (assuming the teams are even) there are no situatons that a team cannot evetually overcome and that includes gettin through the gates at Avanti with people so called "Spamming".
I throw grenades at the wall hoping that they will bounce off at an angle and get the sniper who is hiding around the corner, if I throw them all at once then I guess I spam too, but it's in their favor as once those grenades are gone, its a long walk back to get more... So maybe I will hang on to a couple and suprise the "anti-spammers"..
I could go on...
As you might tell I'm not in the best of moods today, I'm more frustrated with the number of respawn campers that I came across last night, than I am with people lobbing a few grenades at me.
A frustrated Ap.
p.s. it's actually beneficial to keep your grenades and use them wisely

Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I do play fair. There are just some players that when they get killed there is some absurd reason for it. Like they should never die. Be it, you spammed, or I was chatting you mother f'er, or a fatty was blocking me. The list goes on and on. I guess Valve could have put some code in there if they didn't want you to toss you grenades as quickly as possible. What got to me was there was a good player that I respected as a good player and everytime I killed him, he had something to say about the kill. You are right on what you said Apache. I could care less on how anybody kills me. The respawn camping is the only thing that irritates me. Especially when they do it with a medic. I hate running around constantly poisoned without having a medic available on our side. That is when I go into suicide/kamikaze mode. Not only that, but you lose a few players trying to push the flag because they are defending the respawn point against the respawn camper. I will just play the way I play. There have only been a few people say anything. To bad you can't spam detpacks.
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully understand your frustation
Detpack spamming-- wonderful thought

As for the Trash talkers... not to sure what is going on, I've noticed a couple of good players trash talking, whether its from frustration because thay are stat chasing or what i don't know.... there is one player who seems to be ignoring me now and I have no idea why... *shrug*
Ap.

Whatever

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played with you a lot Albino, and you have always played fair to me. We both play hard and reckless, and I think that bothers some players who are going for stats.

Later all...
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heartily concur Albino G. If I get killed and I still have some grenades... I feel like I did something wrong. Especially if they're type 2 grenades. But some folks like to think you should play the game a certain way, regardless of how Valve programmed it. I think if I can do it and it's not against the server rules, its fair game.

That said, I want to put in a good word for trash talking. Good natured friendly trash talking can add greatly to my enjoyment of the game. Nothing like getting a kill on someone who's been dissing you. Or the humor of them getting you after you verbally slam them. But it should be friendly on both sides, otherwise it's a waste of precious bandwidth that could be carrying another of my grenades!!

FingerDemon

P.S. By the way, will you be changing your name to Spam-O-Rama? <note: example of friendly trash talking>
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenade spamming? Never heard of it. I believe that if I am about to die that I should drop as many grenades as possible, the only spamming I otherwise do is to get a SG or a HW sitting on a pack.

JD
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-spammers are missing out on an effective tactic. On defense, a slew of grenades will discourage the enemy from advancing. That's good defense. On offense, it will scatter and disrupt a firmly-entrenched defense. That's good offense. Anyone who's had the pleasure (hah!) of facing Albino will know that he has developed this into an art form. Spam on, my good man. Anyone out there who has a key bound to say "spam" instantly upon death, shame on you.

(Special shout out to Whatever and Meat Juice, who play a similar style and consistently make me a nervous wreck. Actual conversation from the other night: THOM - "Does the other team have like 50 Demos!!?!? Holy cow." REPLY: "Nope, just Meat Juice.")

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one thing that angers me about spammers, those no good rats and that is they usually get me after going to all the touble of loading up with all types of gernades and I'm on the way to spam them. Then I have to start over. So next time when you know I might be coming please stop long enough for me to get all my spamming done, thanks it would save me valuable time.

If BadaBing were a spammer would we call him Bada Boom Boom Boom Bam Boom
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roofcutter... so your the one that steals all the grenades....

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well maybe but I left the pawn ticket so you could get them back.
:}

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: