FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OK -- i've given up trying
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:05 am    Post subject: OK -- i've given up trying Reply with quote

i'm sorry ppl but im not even gonna try and play untill i get my internet service provider to check my phone lines and modem -- i have been having lots of connection problems for a while now and i had sort of fixed it -- getting a stable connection at 350-500 ping -- but now its messed up again -- today i disconnected 5 times -- and when i did stay conected i had lag spikes of 4000 -- i hope to get it sorted again soon so that i can resume my game play -- but untill then i wont be online anymore

i'll still post on the forums n stuff if my comp stays connected long enough or i'll post from school -- soz and bye for a while i miss it already
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...This sucks...

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Bobins i just got off too and i can't take it anymore, i will be in game hardly any, my 56k can't handle all the action tfc gives out, i need to get a better connection speed i'm sick of "just getting by" ping between the 350-500 as bobins said i can't take this stuff anymore, and he's right lag spikes of 400 when there is one person other than me in the server i don't think so

i will still visit the forums frequently and will still play maybe hafl hour a week or so

Sorry 504 i think i talk for bobins in this too (tell me if i'm wrong) but sorry 504 clan we can't frag for you guys anymore, but this is only temporarily

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinkToDeath needs to be with yall to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ameanman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch....hope you get it fixed soon so ull be up and playing again

*Noooo! Bobins, Dont Leave! Who am I gona flame now? LoL..*Looks desparately around for more targets*
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me, and you said I would be back. Do you change your views now? Just curious, and I hope you can get everything back in working order. I know my problem isn't with my modem, it is with my video card. Hope there is a way you can get back in-game soon.
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ameanman

and its not that im on a 56k -- its crap i know but it used to be able to handel it -- up untill a few weeks ago -- i used to get a stable ping between 250-350 with was great on a 56k but my connecting has had somthing major go wrong with it and im now getting an unstable connection with pings between 350-500 with lagg spikes of up to 4000 when sombody shoots at me
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borg u just made me really really exited -- cos it could be my video crap playing up as i only got 8MB of vide memory and its an ati rage pro thing -- but im exited cos DK is posting me a 16MB card which could be the solution im looking 4

now how long does air main take -- lol -- thx DK

o and yes if your having the exact same type of connection probs as me then i feel very sorry for u and my veiws have changed -- it was only a week or two ago when i was beeing cocky saying u would be back but now i got the same f'in problem -- im sorry man.

P.S. i might appear every now and again to test changes i've made but if it's still playing up i wont be staying in game for long -- cos as soon as sombody shoots at me -- my ping rockets to 4000 and i get CL_FlushEntityPacket errors coming up -- really anoying
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I order records from London, they take about a week and a half to get here, sometimes less, sometimes more. It all depends on customs and stuff.

Oh yeah,

FOR ALL YOU GUYS HAVING PROBLEMS! READ THIS!

Try lowering your rate down to 1500 and then slowly increase that number until you get the cl_flush... error. That way you know what your playable range of rate is. And make sure you're not allowing downloads/uploads in game, and make all the graphic variables the lowest they can be other than turning them off.
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rate you speak of snaggle what rate should i change to 1500 and where is it located

i am also gonna contact DK for some high performance parts

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your console,
type "rate 1500"
then type in something like "rate 1750"
then "rate 2000"
and so on until you get the overflow error, then back your rate down until you have a stable connection. Also try random numbers like
"rate 2473"
Supposedly it helps. You can also change your rate in your config file.
For a dial up connection...I wouldn't have anything over 3500 just to be safe.
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://angrymonk.oesm.org/next/config.html

This sight has loads of different config options that are supposed to help your game speed and not hose your system. I'd back up your config anyway, though i took his advice for a few of the variables and i ended up with a 40 ping from a 80 ping on TV 1 and 2. #Crazy Including the rate thing, among others. (I didn't tamper with rate so i can't say much there, but turning off downloads, modding my pushlatency, etc etc helps.)[/quote]

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Gurrg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do i go to stop the downloads?
Thanks everyone for this help BTW

Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHAH man you havent seen anything till you have ping like I do when I go to my dorm. They tell me I have fiber optic connection their but its worse then 56K. The thing that is really bad is the fact that its only about 200 people in the dorm... most of them dont know jack about anything ... I went to complain and i mentioned the word ping... their eyes started rolling around in their heads. It looked like they were having a mental overload. I asked to talk to the networkers but they are illusive... or nonexistant. So I decided in order to get something chnaged is to suck up band width in order for others to complain... so I went to this sight that tests your down load/upload speeds. I opened 25 windows and did a speeded half of them 500k upload half 500k download. I repeated the 500 on each page over and over. I checked my ping before and after. It went from bad to horrid... the next day it was fixed. But for a while i had a stedy ping of 4000 and spikes of 8000 LOL
bobins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rata-tat-tat wrote:
most of them dont know jack about anything ... I went to complain and i mentioned the word ping... their eyes started rolling around in their heads

lol -- some people are so iliterate in the use of computers its unbelievable

thx for all your posts and sugestions -- i implemented most of them b4 and it sorta helped -- i'm going to check that their all still in place

and i have also decided that this unfortunate turn of events isn't going to stop me playing online -- why sould i suffer no tfc just cos of a crap connection -- i have decided that i'm just gonna have a laugh online from now on -- untill i get my connection fixed -- who cares if im lagging its quite funny somtimes -- so when im in game dont be supprized if i get a crap score -- lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: