FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
For those of you that think pyro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:55 am    Post subject: For those of you that think pyro Reply with quote

Is just a "fun" class that can't do anything... these are for you. I believe pyros are the most underestimated class in TFC. The first pic I only capped once, the second, i can't remember.. heh-Oh, btw, i got the daily award today too.. WOOT ME!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah well pyro's are awesome... u just gotta know how to use their skills
three_gunn

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never underestimated a pyro...you will always find me runnin' the opposite direction of one....or, if forced to, frag 'em

but honestly, the pyro is a class ive been meanin' to learn more about...for starters...how do you napalm jump?
Monk

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nothing Whyb. I have gone 112 and 4 with Pyro on TVI. Of course, this is late at night when all the regulars are asleep but that doesn't matter. Avanti is a great class for Pyro, and you are right, the class is very underestimated. There is no reason someone can't be very competetive as a Pyro.

I love hanging out behind respawn on Avanti. Once you kill someone there, they keep coming back for you. You can kill them over and over without having to worry about being killed in someone elses crossfire. You can also steal their nades, but don't attack anyone in Spawn.

Keep burning the place up Whyb, you put a good name to the Pyro class. Now for another challenge, try being a good Pyro against another Pyro Even the fishy underestimates the Pyro when it comes to dueling his likeness.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

three_gunn -VS- wrote:

but honestly, the pyro is a class ive been meanin' to learn more about...for starters...how do you napalm jump?

You have to do a rocket jump with the incediary cannon just shortly
after the napalm grenade detonates, IIRC. Haven't played pyro in a
bit, but I remember it was easier to do than it sounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
three_gunn

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx MPI!....is this before the first explosion..or right before the second?
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no surprise that Whybkuul likes a flaming class

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk wrote:
I love hanging out behind respawn on Avanti. Once you kill someone there, they keep coming back for you. You can kill them over and over without having to worry about being killed in someone elses crossfire. You can also steal their nades, but don't attack anyone in Spawn.

Yea, I do this also. When you're attacking, go strait into the church. Lure someone in (use whatever you can think of) and they'll keep coming until they kill you. I've killed people so many times doing this. One time it took 6 people to get me out of there. I'm the master at taking over the church at ANY class.

Monk wrote:
Now for another challenge, try being a good Pyro against another Pyro Even the fishy underestimates the Pyro when it comes to dueling his likeness.

Pyro vs. Pyro is the hardest for me to do. Those things are flame resistant, so the thrower is almost useless. When it comes to that, if they're far away, i use the IRL. If they get in close I use the shotgun or the crowbar-yes, i said crowbar.

The other classes i have problems with are soldier and medic. Medics have a slight resistance to flames, and soldiers can still shoot their rockets. The funny thing is to watch a solly blow himself up with his own rockets... heh I lmao everytime i see it. Hw's are so easy to take down. I can take em on two at a time!

Monk, I know you're a good pyro, so I want some advice. (any other good pyros can contribute also)

-How do you take down sg's as a pyro? the shotgun is almost worthless.. the engi can just keep pounding away. I find that it takes MANY rockets to take one down also... tips are appreciated!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was there it wouldn't take six ppl to get you out of the church.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyb - Napalm grenades are excellent at taking down sg's. If you use enough of them it'll kill the engy hammering away at it then the sg as well.
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be so mean to the engies!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Monk

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The napalm grenade is one of the best anti SG weapons. Fire quickly kills the SG, and as Mike said, it will kill the engie if he tries to save his SG. If you can get out of range of the SG, it is good to keep harassing it with the IC because it will keep the engi busy and kill him slowly. Usually, you force the engi to choose between himself and the SG by continually flaming it. Just stay out of range of the SG and you should be fine.

One thing that takes a lot of skill is killing the SG with the Flamethrower. If you can circle the SG fast enough, it is possible to kill it. Any time you apply flames to the SG you take off a lot of health, so just keep burning it.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play pyro in badlands on weekends. I like turning the enemy flagroom into a raging inferno. Pyro is a good class, but when people don't use grenades and run around like lunatics, they are easy to kill, bringing the usual thought of pyros to a substandard class. I've seen some very good pyros on other servers :/ As for napalm grenade jumping, it takes timing just like everything else. But you can get quite the velocity off one. I was skimming (what bunnyhopping used to be) off them in a lan game (i have a plugin that reenables it), and it's really fun.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyb you flame boy! But you are good at the class I got to admit. The good thing about flamers are those rockets man. I remember being in the middle of like five guys, and whyb shot a single rocket and all of us were rolling on the ground. Pyro can pwn if you use it correctly. Just like Monk, but too bad he is going away If they made the class a lot stronger I would use it. It just takes a long time to kill the stronger classes though.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you stole that from me, i had 81 that day

best pyro v pyro skill - hit em with freezy first, then flames work. yeah ok thats only on one server... on rest, forget what everyone says, use the shotgun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: