FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Medic Medicating
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Medic Medicating Reply with quote

Has any of you medics noticed the change in how you can medicate someone? I'm having a hard time giving health from behind. This used to work real well, you could follow HW's and keep them all hopped up. Now you have to medicate from the side or front .
This is one item of the new update that sucks.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what, haven't noticed My vaccine seems to work well from all sides, no pun intended

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad you said that. I don't really play medic that often, but I have notice lately that my juice seems ineffective, no beeping, nuttin'. I thought there was something wrong with my mouse. WHEW!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOF:

This brings up a problem (question) that I have been having since the new patch. This may be related. I have noticed that some individuals do not grunt when infected, (and I'm not sure about this, but I don't think they make the pump up sound if they are on your team).

I am talking about some people whom I am very certain are not cheating! I asked one of them (playing enemy solly) if I had infected him. He said I had infected him numerous times, but he never once grunted. This makes life as a medic difficult, because you have no idea whether you actually infected the person.

It has to be something in the settings (likely the individual's settings and not the server's), because it is not a specific class. There have not been many people, and I have not had a chance to ask them to conduct an experiment with me by having them change classes and see if it happens across the board for them.

In answer to your complaint Roof, I have not experienced any problem pumping up my teammates from behind (don't even go there).

This is a real "pair-a-docs" -- EVERY PUN INTENDED!

P.S. For my own teammates, I don't pay as much attention to the sound as the stat on the lower left corner of the screen that shows their health level.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not infected that much, but it might be who your trying to infect. In 1108, I would make the noise saying that I'm infected, but I would rarely get infected from enemy medics. I haven't really seen anything like that happen in 1109 yet. But I can't shoot my shotty good anymore
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My medpack and shotty don't work very well since the update. Can't hit people with my shotty, and my medpack doesn't work half of the time. I also lose ammo when I try to fire and nothing happens.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the same thing. My skill level with the shotgun has dropped drastically, not sure what that's about. I was assuming there was some type of lag issue regarding the medkit as well since I appear to tap someone with the kit and I get no feedback most of the time. Sometimes I see that they had their health increased and other times it hasn't registered. I haven't tried on very many servers outside the Ville, but do see this on the PWG server as well. It might have been a tweak to the ping equalization code or something, since my pings are pretty good still but it acts like there is more lag. I also notice I can't hit moving targets as a sniper anymore without a slight lead. I'm gonna have to relearn a few things here it seems.

Is it just me or does it seem strange to see a post about medics from Roofcutter ?
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only med a teammate from behind about half the time. I have to be absolutely touching them to heal from behind. (From side or front just a relative brush will heal for me.)

As for the med kit and shotty not working as well--yeah I have noticed that too. 'cept the Super Nail Gun seems to work better, like giving more damage--check the stats, I kill a lot with it. -- wish there was a daily award for nailing 'em )

(I have been focusing on med the last couple weeks to learn the class well--so maybe this is all just me getting better )

<edit to add>
That could be it CyCoDad because I have noticed the sniper thing too--can't hit the side of a barn if its moving.
SoDum

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what i notice: Shotgunning has become easier. But that just could be because i've been practicing more. Medpaking on the other hand... I played it like once in the past two weeks. Then i gave up. Here's why:

Now when you infect, there is no grunt. When you heal from behind you have to be a little distance away, kinda as though you were trying to backstab-heal them as a spy or something. In front or sides it's easier, but, even then you rarly here the beeping when you heal them, and you can't see thier health percentage move unless you look away and back now, so it's hard to tell if you are healing or not. At least, that's what i've noticed.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Krayonz

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhh, Im glad to hear other people are having trouble hitting things with the sniper rifle. Something has definatley happened since the patch, which make sniping anything moving at a moderate pace a real biznatch. It seems like their is more lag, but my ping is where it usually is. Hopefully they will put it back the way it used to be.

Krayonz
Brujah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny cause I sniped this guy 10 times yesterday and guess what.. not one damn hit... that and the medikit does seem harder to hit with... and I've had a prob with the Snailgun but not the shotty *shrug*
Krayonz

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is another problem I forgot to mention. I am missing a lot of shots that seem like they should be kills. It seems to happen the most when I come around a corner and know where the NME is so I just pop out enough to shoot him, and duck back quickly. I do everything just as usual but is seems my quick movement back into a crouching position behind an object is causing me to misfire. I guess I should just get used to it, and stop complaining.
Powerdroid

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played since the new patch (got Jedi Knight 2 recently ), but based on what people have been saying, it seems to me as if perhaps the bullets from shotty and sniper rifle now actually travel instead of instant hit? Would this make sense in the context of the problems people have?
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing with the medkit surprises me, because I've always
had this behavior, especially close up. That is, occasionally I
will hear the sound for a hit when there was no hit, and sometimes
hit without the sound. The same for if I'm the target.

I don't understand what's different for you guys...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, the new patch introduced a new lag compensation method. I don't know what exactly it does, but it makes having a good ping useless in some cases.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: