FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chicken Tips

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Chicken Tips Reply with quote

Quite simply, there are many different things thhat go into a good chickener. In a Non Neo-TF setting, the demoman or the spy is good. the demo Has good grens, and if there are a lotta chickens, as a spy you can go without woorying about SGs and blend in easy.

With Neo-TF its a whole different story.

With soldiers you can surprise them with a one time rocket (evry fun to see a chicken shoot a rocket at someone starting at them)

With pyros you can freeze them, and get a large amount of grenades.

With scouts, your small size and tele can make you very hard to hit. Plus, a beeping chicken is always a good laugh.

But my reccomendation is a Demoman. Like before, they have a good supply of good grenades. But if you bind your alternate attack key to buildspecial and you fire button to detspecial you become a small killing machine. People never expect it. I have taken on every class as a demo chicken and come out on top. If you use the normal mines, two mines can wipe out a soldier. If you get the first hit and surprise them, you will probably win. If you are taking on anything lower than a medic, you only have to have the blast NEAR them to blow them to gibs. The problem is you need a lotta armor, so stick to places like the attic in well.

Thats my two cents, if you aret careful, fishy will steal yours
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to hate neo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky_Lil_Mikey wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya there Mikey. As a dedicated engie, I find playing Neo increasingly annoying.

I've always seen the engie as the class that needs the most strategic thought to be played well. You need to put your SG and/or MG where it can control the most valuable approaches on the map, as well as prevent enemy penetration of your base. With pyro jumps, teleporting scouts, air strikes and guided rockets, it makes the engie's job next to impossible. Not to mention the stealing of your MG, that's the straw that broke my engie's back, if I play neo, it's not as an engie anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, chickens will soon have pecking damage!

Ktulu said he read it somewhere, prolly on the chicken mod site.
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitterBeerFace wrote:
Sneaky_Lil_Mikey wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya there Mikey. As a dedicated engie, I find playing Neo increasingly annoying.

I've always seen the engie as the class that needs the most strategic thought to be played well. You need to put your SG and/or MG where it can control the most valuable approaches on the map, as well as prevent enemy penetration of your base. With pyro jumps, teleporting scouts, air strikes and guided rockets, it makes the engie's job next to impossible. Not to mention the stealing of your MG, that's the straw that broke my engie's back, if I play neo, it's not as an engie anymore.

I like playing Engy because it is by far the hardest to play properly. It takes the most thought as you say and you have so many things to do I run out of keys trying to bind them all. And your MGs and SGs are prime targets by all the NME. TruthFully I stopped playing Engy on NEO because it was getting to easy. I had switched to scout, spy and medic depending on the map. Now I started playing Engy again because of the changes on TV4. It is back to being tuff to be an engy again. I still play Medic sometimes because I enjoy the challange of trying to steal the MG. If I make an MG as an Engy, I'm ready to blow it ASAP if someone other than my team comes near it.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken rocks. Some people go "Hey it is DK the chicken." Fun as all get out and a good laugh if you have had a long day.

Demo is the class I normally ply as chicken but spy has its advantages too

And yes the new mod comming out gives peck damage 2pts health per peck.

DK
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, pecking damage!? The epitemy of embarassing death! "blue-name" (chicken beak) "red-name

Man I wanna see that!
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 points of damage per peck! How 1337 do you have to be to be killed by a chicken?! I am sure Goldom will be the first to let us know!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played in a server which turned chicken teams on 4 the first time the other day -- it was a laugh -- i got the flag loads of times -- great fun -- chicken peck damage would b good as long as its a bit more than 2 per peck -- u would need a whole team pecking away at one person to b affective if it was 2

the only problem that i had with chicken is that once every one had voted 4 it and we were all wadling around throwing grens if sombody joined they would b the unit they choce and not a chicken -- really anoying cos they could shoot u and build sg's n stuff -- i don't know if it was just a qlitch in that server or if it happens on them all cos that was and is the only time i've played with chicken teams on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: