FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tayconc2, are you up to it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Tayconc2, are you up to it? Reply with quote

Well I finally got around to playing Tayconc2 and I have to say that it is the coolest map I have ever played. You have to pull off some incredible stuff to beat it. On the last jump I pulled off a quadruple conc (it restocks your nades in the middle of the jump)

The point of this thread is to see who has beaten or can beat it. To prove yourself please take a screenshot.

Here are my photos of victory

DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never beaten it. I have plyd it only once on the grudge server. I was able to master the tripe conc but then the map changed. DOH

DK
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That map is.........yipes. I got to the 4th jump and then quit cause it was too late....and I got frustrated. So I gave myself noclip and toured the rest of the map. Found some other conc maps you'd like to check out as well.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chen, just to let you know......theres another room you havent opened yet.

Can't say exactly how its done, because I've never seen it done without noclip. I'm assuming you have to hit all the civilians in one jump, or something similar. However, if you look at your first screen shot youll notice a large stone block on the far wall. The one that sort of looks like a door? It is. Theres some kind of laser screen on the other side that makes it quite hard to even noclip through. I can only assume theres some way to open it.....
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Twisted, You can open the door you are talking about with a key. Or in this case a soccer ball. Behind a wall on one of the jumps, there are two soccer balls. I forget which jump, but I could go back and look. If you pick one up and carry it to that door you can open it.

Behind that door is a red wall that kills you w/o protection. Dont ask me where you get that w/o Godmode on. Then it is a solid white room with two bodies of water. The one on the left sets the gravity lower, and the one on the right puts it back to normal.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the map? I dled it from some arvadall guy to avoid the FutilePlanet delay, but when I tried to get on the Grudge, it told me that I have a different map.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be it. I will keep it here for people to download until it shows up on the files selection.

http://www.hames.ws/tayconc2.zip

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you download Tayconc2, or just original Tayconc?
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snaggle-

I have both (Tayconc and Tayconc2) in my maps folder. I haven't tried a LAN game with 2. Have you tried getting onto the Grudge with your Tayconc2 map?

P.S. Have you seen that Snuggle commercial with the porcupine? I think of you everytime. I hate you for tainting my TV viewing experience!
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Tay2 last night at about 2am...Only map on grudge was mulch. I played it from my console. Just type in "map tayconc2" and you'll get taken directly to the map.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to go looking for that special room and soccer balls. Haven't seen it yet.

BTW Guys I get almost everything half life related from pwg's page. They have over 200 maps in their archive. Just go to www.pimpswithgrenades.com
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If their site was up....I might be able to get maps from it.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT MAP IS PURE EVIL! whatever kind of sick, twisted mind came up with those horrib conc jumps i dont know, but it is HARD

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted mind, eh? Don't be bashing us.......
bobins

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im absolutely usless at conc jumping and jumping with grens

the only map i've played where u gota conc jump throught a load of different jumps is concmap_r i got passes jump 1 after around 20 mins then it took me around 15 tryes at jump 2 ( every time u die on a jump u go back to the start mind ) i finaly got passed jump 2 - looked at jump 3 and my comp disconnected -- i had to start again -- then the map changed -- dam

that was so frustrating
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: