FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Encounters with 1/4" Rabbits

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents and Ladies, I have gathered from my close bretheren that many of you have wondered wher the infamous JCOM has been of late. Well, to answer your questions in the simplest manner, I have been incapacitated by a rogue router and it has chewed my left thumb into hamburger...

Yes, in my battle for justice and honor I was forced to try and teach a router the finer points of honor and lost! OUCH! Anyway, after much pain and rest I have returned partially to inform you all of this thumb rending news. Hopefully I will be active again very soon, but until then I will be lounging in the palace on Mars with my gorgeous wife, Dejah Thoris who is nursing me back to health. Until my recovery, feel free to send any donations or get well cards! LOL!

Take care all and remember SAFETY FIRST(cause I didn't! DAMN)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that JCOM. So, here is my get well soon post. I hope you recover well, and that it didn't "hamberger" your thumb to bad. I know you play bass so I hope that you are a right handed player. Later
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that JCOM. I know it must suck. But get well soon, and I hope to see you in The Ville soon. Just out of curiosity, what is a router. And is your thumb still attached, or is it totally gone? I dont mean to offend you in anyway, Im just wondering? But either way, I hope you have a sppedy recovery.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A router is a power tool that is a motor with handles or knobs that has a device to attach BITS to that spin at about 7500 rpm depending on model and capabilities.
The bits have various designs depending on the intended effect. There are round over bits to ease an edge giving it that soft round apperance ie: 1/4,1/2,roundover etc.
There are straight flute bits for plowing thru material to make rabbits or square troughs. The router does the job of making connections for cabinet work. If you have seen a dove tail mitered connection. It was most likely made with a router unless its old or someone has to much free time and should be playing TFC like the rest of us.
Oh they can have carbide tips or steel and are very sharp.
Dgenr8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh that kind of router. I was thinking of the Networking equipment, and couldnt figure how in the world you damaged your thumb! I mean it has no moving parts, you would have to set it on the ground, put your thumb under it and jump up and down on it for any damage to occur. Yes this is what I imagined when I heard a rogue router

I think I'll stick with this story, it sounds better than a wood router incident

Good luck

-DG

JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Thanks for the info ROOF! My thumb thanks you too, cause if you hadn't typed out all that info, I would have and it would have sorely pressed my threshold for typing!

anyway, yes yes, not a computer router, although that would make an intersting story... "Rogue Router comes to life and disconnects itself from the network, attacking all who are nearby. Leaves two wounded and fifteen dead after a two day rampage!"

The reason I was attacked by this woodworking power tool was that I did not utilize the proper safety equipment(i.e., featherboard and hand guard) while I was completeing a frame project for a client. Yes that's right, I am a art and picture frame maker. Hand crafted products are hard to find in this day and age, but I try to maintain the craftsman attitude and vigor while faced with the overwhelming world of factory manufactured products.

At anyrate, my thumb is still attached with a rather gruesome scar along the thumbnail, distal knuckle, proxima knuckle and base of my thumb(where all the meat is) that is about 1/4" wide. I am not sure how many stitches yet, but I will know tomorrow when they remove them. A screw to hold the chip onto my distal knuckle and hours worth of pain threshold testing. The router ate the ligament that held the distal knuckle together, so they had to pull some muscle up to stablize it.

Anyway, I think that is enough gory details for today gents, besides, my thumb is starting to throb because all of this typing! Arrg! If you see me on the servers, there won't be any bunny hopping for this wounded warrior, cause the thumb cannot be used on that space bar. I'll probably be an easy target, but I gotta have my TFC fix, so if I play like a newb, just remember, JohnCarter is a cripple for another week or so.

PS- Roberto, can we have a seperate stats program for cripples and handicapped?

PPS- Thanks for the thoughts and support my friends, without you, I would be a depressed mess!

[ This Message was edited by: JohnCarterofMars on 2001-10-10 08:47 ]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anthrex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch. that sounds painfull jcom. hope u get better
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx anthrex! and thx everyone for being so supportive!
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an encounter with 1/4 inch rabbits once, there were also pink elephants, glowing toasters and 2 red haired librarians. It was about this time that I decided to stop drinking so much.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds more like a wood shaper or at least a table mounted router. If you don't mind I'd like to use your post for our next saftey meeting. The part about feather boards is certianly a very important point.
Do you have a web page for your products JCOM ??? I've tried Googling for you but all that comes up is something about a mad Pyro with plans to conquer the earth. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-10-10 21:50 ]
JohnCarterofMars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! well, I am about to get one up. I have parked the domain at communitech.com. My site address is going to be http://www.tysartetc.com. Hopefully, with a little green I will be able to convince our honorable mayor to help me design and layout this small business venture/website of mine. I will let you all know when it is up and running, don't worry!

LOL! JD, since you quit drinking I guess you won;t be needing that bottle of Canadian Mist by the monitor!! HEH, just send it to me... I am off of the antibiotics now so I can drink again! WOOOHOOOO!

Cadman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JCOM,

When did you get married? Why weren't we all invited? I missed the bachelor party!
Damn, I never have any fun any more.

PS-Glad to hear you're doin' better.

[ This Message was edited by: Cadman on 2001-10-15 10:41 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: