FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gang Wars - New HL mod

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
son of the monster magnet

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Gang Wars - New HL mod Reply with quote

I've been trying out a new HL mod the past few days. It's called "Gang Wars" It's still in it's beta phase so I wouldn't recommend it now as there still many bugs that need to be fixed, but though it's a bit of a CS rip-off, if they can get with the program, it could bring back the kind of gameplay that existed in CS before all the cheating started.

The premise is that there are 2 gangs (east coast and west coast) and each of these in turn have their own sub-sets (just diff. models) you have to earn your funds to buy better weapons (like CS) but in order to have those options available, besides the money you have to have enough "juice" to qualify for weapon upgrades. You earn this juice by carrying the "drug bundle", while you carry the bundle you are also the "gang boss" and you have the ability to respawn team members (so you needn't have to sit out the whole round if killed), once you have carried the bundle enough times you then have earned enough "juice" to get better weapons. In the start you have just pistols and shotguns, you can get grenades though and there is a radar screen. The big drawback though is that there is almost no difference between the way east and west coast gangs look so you end up wasting valuable ammo shooting your other team mates. The file is available on fileplanet if any one else wants to give it a try though.
PyROZen

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw something about this mod on PHL a few weeks back. It still looks pretty rough right now, but if they work things out it could be badass.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: