FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spiderman Movie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Spiderman Movie Reply with quote

I thought it was sux0rs. I've been a Spiderman fan for 20 years. Am I just being to picky and cynical? There are specific things I want to talk about but don't wanna spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it. For those that have let me know if I am being to critical.

I give Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree...but i am happy they followed it 'by the book' more than the x-men movie.

*web shootin' cartridges*
-i miss hearing about them...
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was nice to have a little something unexpected in the film...after all, did you really want to know the entire plot before you got there? I'd rather they take some creative license. Stan Lee was part of the development team....are you gonna tell him he didn't make *his* character do the right things for the sake of continuity?
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just would have liked to see more action. When he was Spiderman it was good but that was like 20 minutes out of the entire movie. It could have used less story and more action. What was the big deal with leaving out the Web Shooters? It's such an important piece to Spiderman, I really thought that it was lame that it shot from his wrists/veins. Having said that, they laid down a llllloooonnnnnnnnngggggggg story. That would set it up pretty well for a sequel, except that they couldn't tie the villian in unless it was Harry as the second Green Goblin. I would have liked to see Eddie Brock make an appearance so they could have tied in Venom at some point in the future. I was just dissapointed that's all.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan lee made a cameo appearence in x-men too...but im not sure if he was on the dev team or if he had any say on the storyline(i certainly hope not, cause x-men was a big dissapointment)

spider-man:
-yeah there were little things that werent followed 'by the book' but it was bearable...the most annoying was the web comming from the veins...they shoulda saved that for 'venom' which is one of the reasons why the 'bio-suit' was more deadly than 'ole 'web-head' himself...the home-made web-shooter in the comic books helped us relate to peter parker being very smart....running out of web-fluid and needing to replace the cartridges in the middle of a crisis helped us realize that he is still just a normal man forced into this super-hero role...

-i think going the route of 'introducing who spider-man is to the audience' was a well thought out route...now that people know who he is and has this 'bond' with the character...it will only contribute to the success of the up comming sequels...
Dahak

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it was good, it's at least the best film i've seen so far this year, and that includes star wars episode 2
Kazebari
Official Mall Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb dahak, you and your pirated dvds....the rest of us have to see eppy II on Thurs. lol.

Anyway, i thought it was cool. But...the movie was ADAPTED from the comic books, so you can't expect everything to be the same, including the web shooters.

But anyone else think it was funny? Remember the time he went to the wrestling match? "THE HUMAN SPIDER" and we all expected to see the real costume...but we saw a lame home-made suit?

"Go Web!"
Chan

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the song Spiderman by Tenacious D.

That sums up what I think of when I see spiderman

Not for the kiddies though.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NaniteFog wrote:
I would have liked to see Eddie Brock make an appearance so they could have tied in Venom at some point in the future. I was just dissapointed that's all.

There were references to him and several other villans, but they flew past pretty quick.

Go to www.imdb.com to see some of the stuff you might have missed. You could also try the official sites as well. I heard that this was mostly a setup for a couple more films, so you had to know about Peter's motivation and stuff to understand the character if you'd never been familiar with Spidey before.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: