FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Game Review
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: New Game Review Reply with quote

Dungeon Siege gets out of a possible five fish from me!

Did you like Diablo2? Did you like Warcraft2? Well, it seems they have married and created an offspring.

I had the pleasure of checking out Dungeon Siege this weekend on a friends computer. It blew me away! I literally played from 9pm to 7am! I could not stop. Diablo style play with Warcraft movement and commands. And the graphics? The best I have ever seen from an RPG

You can control/build up one or an endless amount of people. So you effectively become an army. It takes an army to defeat an army. The storyline in the single and multiplayer is awesome. Your choices during the game are endless. The levels are immense! After playing all night long and into the morning, I only accomplished maybe 10% to 15%! And that was on easy! But enough from me, give it a look for yourselves. Be sure to look at those screenies!

Click this:

Last edited by Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 on Mon May 13, 2002 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bastard, i think i'm on my way out to buy a new game...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a rating...

For one, I can't stand Diablo, so... yeah...

The whole game feels too automated, I mean in diablo you click an enemy 5000 times and they die. in DS, you watch the screen as the people automatically kill the enemies.

And when you do want to control it, it gets really annoying, its hard to select the right people, and they're always being deselected...
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldom you too picky, hehe. KRG I'll check that game out this weekend. I'm going to Fry's Electronics and see if I can find a game that can take me away from TFC. I think my skill level has come to a halt so I want to try and master other games. But I am definitley going to purchase Metal of Honor, and maybe WarCraft, or some Sims games, or Jedi Knight, or look at Siege. Who knows...

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not like Diablo or Warcraft, you wouldn't like this game at all for sure. I have no problems with people being deselected. Prolly happens when you are viewing/changing their info right? You can look at all their goodies together by hitting "i" when they are all selected. That will show you all their stuff without having to select each character. You can also set up hot keys to have them all switch from magic to melee or target shooting (bow&arrow). It's not a FPS so yeah, a lot of the fighting is animated. However, you have control over them the entire time. You can move them, change their attack style and weapons, even their formation. Like in Warcraft, you can set them in certain formations and have them stand ground, attack closest target, or move freely. That's way more than Diablo ever had.

But yeah, it's not an FPS, it's an RPG.

Trigger, check out the demo on their site!
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your getting me all excited man about Siege. What's the site I'll check it out and provide a fishy rating for all of you based on what I analyzed

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up above but click this:

Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh! Sorry I think I need food, or it might be finals week. Finals are a pain in the ass. I can totally ramble a whole truck driver's paragraph on what I feel about finals week. It totally drains the life out of one's brain.

Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt. That game will be on my friggin' study desk this weekend. It looks sssssssssseeeeck! But I have a question...

I have 512 ram and 60HD. I installed like four games so far: Alien Versus Predator, TFC, Sims, and eh I forget.

Now if I install like three more games like Metal of Honor, Jedi Knight, and Siege will that affect my CPU performance at all?

I mean to total it out I'll have like 10 friggin' games installed, hehe.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it shouldn't effect your CPU performance at all. Those games aren't doing anything while you're not playing them so they are just taking up memory. Your CPU is working on active games.
Brujah

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know I love diablo and warcraft ... but I still think that game is crap
I mean all you do is tell your guy where the hell to go.. he does all the attacking himself and what not.. I want a game I actually hafta play ya know? but anyway.. it does pass the time >:P

I give it 2/5

oh yeah and if you want someone to hang with on da zonematch crap there.. look me up I can always reinstall it heh

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you know I love diablo and warcraft ... but I still think that game is crap
I mean all you do is tell your guy where the hell to go.. he does all the attacking himself and what not.

Uh that's the exact same thing as Diablo and Warcraft? All you do in those games is click on someone and your character does the fighting for you. In fact you have more control over what your character does in DS. Did you have him set on attack freely? I am a fan of games like Myst and Riven so this game really appealed to me. If you want total control over every aspect of fighting, I suggest FPS games not RPG's. They're not really designed for that. At least I have never seen one.
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any REAL rpg you can control, and by REAL I mean not diablo.

ie - anything made by Square.
Chan

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldom wrote:
any REAL rpg you can control, and by REAL I mean not diablo.

ie - anything made by Square.

Enix is the first and best RPG maker out there hands down, take your cinematics and stuff like that and......

(dont flame me, i am just stating my opinoin.)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, name a few! I want to check them out!

Some of the best RPG's ever made IMOH are:

Dragon Warrior - was my first so it gets props from me.
Myst
Riven
Final Fanstasy
Diablo
Warcraft
Dungeon Siege

Granted I am talking about the single player versions not multiplayer. Any time you actually control fighting like in TFC/Tomb Raider/Resident Evil is really a mix of FPS/RPG so they can't be compaired to a straight up role playing game.

Last edited by Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42 on Mon May 13, 2002 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: