FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to make multiple configs with multiple binds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: How to make multiple configs with multiple binds Reply with quote

Well fooling around with my server that i run sometimes and playing with my configs, I found a way to bind a key to load an entirely new set of binds and a name change if you would like too.

Here is what you do.

Set a key (f2 for me) to your default config(a new file called normchar.cfg for now).
In my case it would be ChanTanaka.cfg (not config.cfg)
Inside I have all my binds within my config.cfg BUT I dont have the settings except for the name.

Since I also use the Aliais CBAR MAN! I have this bound to f3. I use different saying for him and his name.

What you need:

make a new .cfg file in your tfc directory with notepad and call it something like jojo.cfg. Copy and paste all the binds from your config.cfg file into your jojo.cfg. MAKE SURE YOU DONT COPY UNBINDALL in it.
At the top of your jojo.cfg make sure you specify a name for your player by typing -
Code:

name "namehere"

also wherever you want you will need to make a key bound so that it loads your other orginal character. Do NOT make it your config.cfg file because it will use the binds you have for jojo.cfg.

Copy and paste into a new notepad document all your binds again except make this for your default name and character to go back to when you are done with jojo.cfg. Make sure you specify the name. save this file as normchar.cfg
In your config.cfg go in your binds and type this-
Code:

bind "f2" "exec jojo.cfg"
bind "f3" "ecec normchar.cfg"

also put those same lines in your jojo.cfg and normchar.cfg.

Now to test it out run TFC and press the f2 and f3 keys. If you did everything right, and if i didn't make any mistakes, you should have your name changed and your new binds opened.

If you have any troubles please post them here ASAP.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(a bramble rolls past this post)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, I'll have to try it when I get home from work tonight.
Dominator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to have to show me how to do that sometime there tater
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be easily used for Def/Off bindings. Just a suggestion: When you rebind the keys have the same key switch scripts. So if you have script #1 loaded and you want to load #2 you hit say F1. Then now that you have script 2 loaded, have it bind F1 to load script one, so hitting F1 again will load script #1 again. Just frees up a key. I hope ya'll understand me.
Chan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but since I have over 4 different bind / configs it would be kinda hard.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: