FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need Some Help about the Engineers...Please Help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frogboy239

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I have been wondering for awhile. When you highlight the engineer when you are about to choose it. It says that you are able to make ammo. Does anybody know how too? Its not by the dispensers because you put ammo into them. They don't make ammo. Please respond or e-mail me.
SuperZero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you discard ammo, it can be used by anyone. So you can grab an extra pack, then discard and any class can pick it up and reload anything, like it was one of the default packs. Not 100% sure on this, but I read it somewhere along the line.

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, during game play, as an engie, when you discard you dump nails, rockets (and something else) and it says on top left that "you made some nails, etc." Basically any ammo that you cant use yourself. I don't know if this is true for all classes (i.e. does a HW discard rockets when he dumps ammo?) Dumping excessive ammo can be a good thing to b/c the more metal you carry the more damage you take from emps though. Emps dont seem to hurt scouts,snipes and medics as much as other engies, pyros,demos etc. and I die and drop a emp with me, the size of the blast is very significantly different if I'm empty or carry a full 200 cells of metal.

Magoo

[ This Message was edited by: mr. magoo on 2001-08-17 12:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mr. magoo on 2001-08-17 12:57 ]
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on the class. I'm sure you've noticed all the different symbols next to the arrows. I'm almost positive that whatever type of ammo the class doesn't use is in the pack (i.e. the sniper and the soldier don't use cells so their packs have cells in them, which is why I'm usually soldier or sniper so I can dump packs to engys and it has ammo they actually need). HW can dump rockets and nail gun type ammo and cells they are also an engy's friend. Classes like the pyro provide almost no ammo since their weapons use all the types necessary for an engy to build/repair a sentry. Engies can produce packs that have every type of ammo, but there's not much ammo in it. Personally I like to throw a few packs on a ledge and then emp it when an enemy comes by . I hope I helped clear things up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[cy2k]The_j0k3r

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear things up for everybody. Normally a class can only drop ammo once, before getting new ammo, because it just drops all the ammo that you can't use. However, when an engineer tells it to drop ammo a second, third, and sometimes fourth time. It starts lowering the value of cells you have in your spanner, and when it's empty, it actually makes ammo out of your armor. Don't believe me, sit down and try it someday.

Glad to clear up questions on this matter,
The_j0k3r

CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear up a possible misconception, the dispenser does indeed produce it's own ammo. You can fill it up, if you are in a hurry like in the door of the church where it is mostly a bomb, but it will make its own ammo given a little time. On certain maps on other servers, where you can't use the NME packs, it is the only way to get a level 3 SG up on the othere side in 1 or 2 trips.

A good example would be building a SG on Rock2. I sneak in and hide my dispenser, then attack and maybe die. When I come back I build my SG and get metal from the dispenser to upgrade it to level 2 then 3. Then I ... wait, I can't give away all my secrets

While it is true that a Engy can make ammo from his armor, I've not found it to be that usefull. I should survive so long ... The more usefull aspect is I can grab a pack that has no nails in it and toss one that does... as an example... that is , I belive, what that means regarding Engys make ammo...

[ This Message was edited by: cycodad on 2001-08-17 18:14 ]
Maian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that not many engies build dispensers to block doorways. And let me advise you to do so. And those that do, only use it to id spies. If it says enemies are using your dispenser, blow it up as soon as you see that. It will produce a small explosion, but it is potentially deadly. Also, fill up your dispenser. Not many people know this, but the more ammo in your dispenser means a bigger explosion. And a full dispenser will almos always kill an HWG at close range. Also, if you see a spy near your sg (in disguise) and no one on your team is near, run away, and detonate your sg, it will most likely kill anyone near it. Dont try to save it, the sgs cant id spies throwing grenades. So blow it up, and rebuild it, if not you and your sg die.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2001 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course u could kill the spy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
frogboy239

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guy It Helped out a lot.!
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when defending cap 3 I build my despenser and fill it up first, just up the stairs behind the bag. Than I build my sg in the normal areas to defend 3 and and have it up in moments and than refill my dispenser.
Then when my Sg goes down I can get it up in very short order long before the guy who blew it up gets back. Evertime I run to the supply bag and also tag my dispenser I fill up full with no lag time. I can service multiple sg guns this way with no problems. Plus the HW's and such can grab supplies when they need it . Just remember to fill dispenser ever chance you have it goes quickly. Plus any bags from "john does" mine this area as often as you can when it's safe. this is a must because you are going to need all the supplies to maintain your dispenser the one bag won"t be enough at peak times.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips, guys. Engie seems like a simple class (build gun, wait for kills to rack up), but there's a lot of little things to master. Here's a few random thoughts:

If you are not an Engie, please toss your extra ammo at one of our sentries. Dumping ammo is normally done with the X key. The more bags we have, the sooner that sentry gets upgraded, and the sooner you have a Level 3 SG covering your a$$. Your Engies will love you for doing it, and your fellow players will respect your team spirit.

Put that railgun/raygun to use. It's worthless for close combat, but it has a huge range and is very accurate, which makes it good for taking out sentries from a distance. If you are feeling really frisky, use it to annoy a sniper from long range. You WILL get your head blown off, but if you jump around and stay alive for a while, you'll distract the sniper long enough to get your spies and HW safely past him.

[ This Message was edited by: thom yorke obliterator on 2001-08-26 22:50 ]
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just throw down a bag and repick it up. it will take ya cells turn em into ammo!

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: