FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Being Invisible + Shot out of Frustration = HeadShot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I noticed a few players having problems with not being able to see anybody/doors/ammopacks when they joined a server, which reminded me of an incident that happened to me....

Like most of you, I look forward to playing everynight and when I join and can't see anything I find it frustrating as it means a reboot etc.... This happened to me the other day joining Acropolis2 as a sniper. I couldn't see anyone or the doors, but I could hear the battle raging outside. Out of pure frustration, I let off a couple of shots from where I was standing within the respawn room, I had no idea if the door was even open or shut, the second shot bagged me a headshot !!

Leaving to reboot was not so bad as I was laughing at my VERY good fortune at hitting someone in the head that I couldn't even see...

Anyway, I thought it was funny, if anyone else has had weird/lucky happenings, I certainly would be interested in hearing about them

Ap.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this problem off and on on TV3 and occasionally on TV2. The problem was back on TV2 last night, which was the first time in a long time.

I know there were problems with TV1 & more so with TV2 yesterday, its like the servers were not there even thought I could ping them. Not sure if it was a WON problem or a server problem or a net problem. I am also not sure if this may have been related to the invisibility problem on TV2.

I have found that if I restart the server the problem goes away. This leads me to believe its a problem on the server with too few resources. Last night the problem was happening with only 12 people on, and in the past it usually only happened with 19-20 players connected. I'm not sure whats up, but I thought I would share my findings and my suspicions.

JD
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me last week on TV2. When I logged on I could see just the ammo comming from an HW that I could not see. Needless to say he mowed me down more than once. I couldn't even pull off a single kill, let alone a headshot. Also, I couldn't see the doors, packs, or railings. I just left and went to TV3, everything was fine there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experienced the samething a few days back, logging on to the server TV3,Respawns
did not have any doors and all I was able to see is explosions.. The thing which pissed
me off on Wednesday night while playing a map was this, I was swimming in the tunnel
that is under water and was at 100 Health/300 full armor as a HW, nobody was in front or behind me.. All of a sudden I am infected and keep getting infected to I died.. I've
seen messages about certain Admin's enabling Godmode ect.. If it is somebody cheating it's
somebody with Admin Rcon.. I play on TV because of the ethics they have here promoting a Fair,Clean game that regardless of your skill a player can still have fun..
It could be an exploit in the Admin Tools that are letting people screw with players,
I really don't know.. I just see strange stuff here that makes me wonder..

ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also experienced "Mystic Infections" There have been a couple of times that I have been infected and medic he hasn't even gotten within 5 yards of me.. I just thought I was lagged and he got me before I could see him... *shrug*
Rockman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happened to me numerous times. It happened to me the other day on TV2 and I experimented. I got in and out of the game, restarted TFC, finally rebooted. No matter what I did I still was blind every time I tried connecting to TV2. All other servers I tried duing this time were normal.

MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of "mystic infections", I also find myself at the end of "mystical knifings" sometimes where a spy is slashing away at me some 5~10 yards away and I die like almost immediately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happend to me on The Ville 1 a couple weeks ago and i could not see anything not my sg,despincer,team,enemy,ammopacks,bullets flyign,no rockets,and no doors. i have been wondering is it a bug or somethign wrong with the server?? well i hope you respwan to me i have always wondered that

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's my question. Whats up with the ladder leading up to the flag room in crossover? Not being able to climb it is a real pain.
Maybe the crossover map should be deleted and reinstalled.

Dgenr8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had many misfortunes of not being able to see anybody playing while I am on. Now I know on a couple of these ocassions I was so drunk I dont know how I managed to log into TFC let alone find The Ville, but on one particualr ocassion I was completely sober.

I was so mad that I couldnt see and I really didnt want to reboot so I played sniper on the attacking team in Avanti. Luckily my team was trying to cap 3 at the time I managed to snipe 4 people in the tower (again not being able to see any players) and one on the ledge under the tower before dying or getting sniped myself. I found it rather amusing.

I realize it's not a huge feat cuase there are always people in the small confines of the tower... but 5 kills (from unknown classes) before getting sniped Made my day!

-DG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NiGhTmArE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i noticed lots of players are invisibe now, NO FAIR!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: