FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Am I doing something worng?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Am I doing something worng? Reply with quote

Sorry if this is going to sound like I am putting down any of the people that are getting in TVB today, but I am not. I just have had some serious confidence hits this week and I need to vent.

Am I doing something wrong? I have been playing TFC for a year or so and have only played at Theville. One of the things is that I haven't even ASKED to join a clan or anything. I didn't get into any of the bashes (but I have gotten to play in the FNFs). At a point to get on a team for the cup, I had to create my own team (not really mad about that since we won). Those things are past confidence lowers, and I have had some uppers, but this week has been bad in real life. I am not going in to details. It is just that they have all happened in a three day period that is the problem. I also anticipate that there will be more confidence hits before the end of the week(and not in the cup though).

Sorry if anyone takes this the wrong way, as I said I just have to vent something off from what is occurring in reality.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Borg, I understand your frustration and I too am baffled whey you are not in TVB (the truth is we know once we let you in we will all be assimulated ) Honestlly for some reason I thought you were already in a clan and I can't speak for my brothers and sisters but mayby they thought the same thing too?
I must say I have never heard anyone say anything bad about you and you have been here a while.
The ways of getting into TVB are still mysterious to me but I would not give up hope, some people have waited a very long time like Omega Sin and I'm sure he's glad that he stuck it out.
I hope that you do the same because I really enjoy your company in and out of the game.
I would also like to say that there are many other people here who are TVB family to me who are not wearing the tag yet and I hope to see you all in the brotherhood/sisterhood some time soon.

Hang in their Borg.... it's worth the wait and please don't take it personal, you are well liked here.

p.s. Good Luck in the next round of The Cup bro
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About being in a clan, I haven't even been asked to be in a clan, unless you consider -VS- a clan. But more of this is that I have had a really poor week, if it wasn't for TFC I don't know how it would have been otherwise I don't know how depressed I would be from the events in the real world occurring to me.

thank you. The next round should be good and intense.

Coming back and reading all of this again kinda gives me a sense of bashing my way into TVB, but I want to reassure that the main reason that I put any of this in is because I knew someone would tell me something like Ktulu (I hope I spelled it correctly). I just needed a little boost from what has been occurring in real life. Thank you.
ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg, you have done nothing wrong and I'm sure that a time will one day come when you are invited into TVB or another clan.

TVB is now is a difficult situation as there are many worthy candidates that are over looked in error. It was decided that TVB would only take in a small number of new members for each induction, which means that there will be many players that will miss out. The main reasons for this are two fold...

1) The new members feel special when they join as they are not lost in a large group and do not feel like they are just another number.

2) We don't want TVB to grow too fast and get out of control.

Just hang in there bud, the decisions that were made were nothing personal against you. There were 2-3 other players I personally would have liked to have joined that didn't make it this time. Just continue to have fun playing, I'm sure your time will come...

Ap.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, I didn't post this to really complain about TVB or even anyting to do with TFC, but more I guess I just needed a confidence booster from the events that are occuring in real life for me. I have no problem with waiting, just means that I can frag you guys more and not feel the least bit sorry about it. I know one day that I will be invited in. Most of my problems are with real life, and I am sorry I made anyone think that most of my problems were with TFC or TVB.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hang in there Borg, you'll get it...

Something to think about, and do not take this the wrong way...

Maybe you should consider upgrading your computer/connection if you are seriously interested in getting into non-pickup games (such as the BASH, a ville cup team or what not) You'd be surprised at how much a difference a little better connection will make. I know my skill greatly improved when I moved from dial-up to broadband, and I think yours might too...

-VS- is one step away from being <TVB>. Continue to wear the tag, show your support. I'm sure the powers that be will notice eventually. <TVB> is really a selective group if you think about it, and you shouldn't feel badly if your not invited...(I mean, 64 odd people out of how many that visit The Ville) Just keep at it...and hey, maybe some other clan will ask you before then...(if it's a competitive clan see above though...)

If life deals you a terrible week, just remember that the next week will have to be better. Take care man, it'll get better...peace.

ToRaK
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, that is just what I needed.
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to apoligize to everyone who I may have affended. I didn't mean for this to go the wrong way. One of the things I wanted was some positive feedback. A little back I believe I read somewhere that if it took you more that a year to get into TVB something was wrong. I wanted to know what it was just in case I was doing something wrong. Again I would wish to appoligize for this and hope that we can just wipe everything that happened with this thread. I must remember not to post when in a grouchy mood with life.
SoDum

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg, you havn't been around a year anyway. If you really want to be in TVB, then you shouldn't get upset over not getting in. In all honestly, TVB isn't anything anyway. If you are striving for the tag, then i think you need to take another look at it. The best part is the state of mind, and personally, by that right, the only difference between being a good -VS- and a <TVB> is you know all the inner workings and you have a l337 tag. (Erk, not trying to bash TVB or anything, i luv you all, that's just how i see it.)

Keep at it, Friend, and sooner or later they may invite you to join.

P.S.: I know that feeling too, i've posted some rather unpleasent things while in a unhappy mood that i later apolgized for. I don't think anyone will hold it against you.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am still throwing the wrong point out. I just want to see how I can improve to get better. I guess that is why the name Borg fits me so well, I strive for personal perfection. More of my problems were with my real life, for lack of a better term, and only used that stuff because at the time I didn't really feel like giving too much away and wanted some positive feedback for some support and to hopefully raise my confidence. I hope I can finally get a good clear point across.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg I'm sure nobody took this thread wrong, I think it was completely positive the entire time and although I'm sad that you did not get into TVB this time I'm glad that you started this post because I'm sure there are alot more people who *felt* the way you did and I hope this has put them at ease too.

Please Borg don't think that every post you do has to be happy happy joy joy. This is a community and everybody is one big family (except for that freak Frag ) and it's OK to bring your problems here.

Dude when my best friend died this is one of the places I turned to for help and comfort, guess what..... the response's I recieved really helped me alot.

That's what this place is about so please post your feelings about anything (unless your flamming someone here or just being a llama @$$)
I have gone through every emotion here except horny and I plan to keep it that way (although some of my sisters are looking mighty fine )

p.s. Just like JollyRoger said... getting into TVB is not based on skill, it's a state of mind like TPF with a Ville flavor.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking this off topic in true Villian style...

I wonder what Trigger's sister looks like...

hehe...

You have any pics of yourself Swift?

ToRaK

P.S. Borg, I don't know how much better of a <TVB> canidate you can be. Your not a llama, you post regularly/play regularly, and are pretty team oriented. Kinda hard to tell since it is soooo subjective to get in. (And I don't claim to know the inner workings of <TVB>...as you can see, I too am on the outside.) Just keep hacking at it, you'll get it...
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a lot of it is just that a lot of the things I stated made me think back to my elementary school days where I was almost that last person to get picked for anything. I guess that could be why I turned to computers and video games in the first place. I thank everyone, but it is now time to go in game and frag all of you.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me Borg,

It's not that you are not worthy, but I invited too many people at once. We're just trying to keep this under control better. I know that you'll be nominated for June 15th. That is the next inductee period.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borg,

I too was one of those kids who ALWAYS got picked last. In some way I thank my lucky stars for that experience. I think it helped to keep me grounded. I couldn't be what everyone wanted or expected, so I had to be the best me I could be.. and I did it for me. That has carried me through my life. I understand so much about how I can affect others because of the way I was affected by the events of my younger years. I think this makes me a better person, quite frankly.

It may not mean that much to you Borg, but if you recall, I went out of my way to help get my son on a team with you. I could have just as easily asked anyone else. And I tried to help you get teammates too. I did this because I like you very much. You are a fine player, you are fun to play with and against, and I felt that my son would have a wonderful experience playing with you. I am such an overprotective mother.

Anyway Borg.. I know it is very difficult sometimes to stay positive when life repeatedly kicks you in the face, but always try to remember this one thing....

You have friends here. You are very well liked. We empathize with you. You are one of the family and if you can't share your feelings with the outside world, you always have us!

(I know, I know, that was more than one thing!!)

one big hug from one big hoax
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: