FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The On-Topic Post
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: The On-Topic Post Reply with quote

Well since the off topic post really doesnt require a whole lot of skill . How about staying on topic for a change.

Topic is,

What makes TFC special to you, why do you stick to it with so many other games out there with such better graphics. Basically anything that has to do with your feelings on TFC and its gameplay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so.. i skipped class today to party.. anyone else skip class?
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sitting in my office watching the forums...does that count as skipping work?

Staying on topic, though, I just like to kill people rather than monsters.

And I don't really do too much for games, so I haven't seen a lot of what
is out there.

Now, if I could get a Lara Croft TFC skin, that would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play this cause ummm. well I started playing and liked it. The graphics aren't that bad, I don't think there is anything wrong withthem, most of all the gameplay and now the people are what keeps me hanging around.

I didn't have class today, but I partied anyway, does that count?
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a CS skin, but you could try to get it working in TFC

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/files/skins/sotd_181.zip

I like playing TFC because it's real enough to have fun, but there are enough elements in it to make it silly and almost absurd when you step back and think about the actual physics behind a lot of things in the game.
NiGeL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When playing with the right people, TFC can be the most challenging, fun multiplayer game out there. Thats why I play.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna say, I started playing because a friend let me borrow the game, and personally, I dislike Half-Life, so I started playing TFC. I stuck with it because at college (when I first experienced broadband, and when I got my compter that could actually run games other than DOOM and MYST) I could actualy play online. The reason I am STILL playing, I would have to say is because of the Ville. Its sense of community, competition, and comraderie is unrivaled. I was playing on the Hood today as a Solly, and I went 60-20 (ps-I am just learning how to play solly) I go solly here, and barely squeak by with an 1:1 k-d.

I actually haven't experienced TOO many games that are new, mainly because of money, but also because my system isn't exactly top of the line anymore, so the newer games tend to give me grief when trying to run them. Namely, Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

I honestly don't mind the somewhat inferior graphics of TFC. I the TEAMPLAY more than makes up for its shortcomings in the graphics department. I played Unreal Tournament for about 2 days last year, and never touched it after that. Sure the graphics were f*ckin sweet, but it was all Deathmatch, and after TFC, Deathmatch is INTOLERABLE.

Well, there's my 0.0798091 Polish Zlotychs <==taken from http://www.xe.com/ucc/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing cause i enjoyed Half life, and figured i would try out the multi player thing. Didn't like it; a guy with a crowbar could whoop a guy with a mp5 in a few hits.

So i tried TFC. I liked it better cause of the role selection, and the capture the flag style of play. (Sorry avanti. ) Eventually i started CS, liked that better for a while, but, i just couldn't get into it really. Probably cause i sucked and died all the time In one or two bullets.

Then i came to the ville, which was the first server with truly nice people. (I think KRG was one of the first guys way back when in august/september that was really nice to me and had a few pleasent Cbar wars with me. Heh.)

So i figured i'd stick around a bit, eventually i ended up talking on the fourms (with Tommy.Chongs urgings, if anyone remembers him), and then i just became a regular here.

Why am i still playing? For the attitude. I like to hang out and chat with people on the fourms or even in game every so often, if there arn't many people around, just as much as i like playing. If it wasn't for that fact, i'd be playing Dues Ex multiplayer.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never skip a class.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play because it's cheap and I enjoy it here. There's not a better moment when Robert E. Lee lowers the boom on someone. Especially in two sentences or less.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean poor graphics... the mouths move when you use voice... that is flippin hilarious!!

It is all about The Ville. You guys are great!! We are a family, you know? I have tried to play on a couple of other servers when I couldn't get any Ville servers up... quite frankly it sucks!

Rule #1 rocks!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PEOPLE!!!

tfc is so much better with a good crowd, as anything is...its all about the great people here...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play TFC because:
-It's free. You don't have to subscribe to Valve.com or something like that to play the game you paid for.
-You can host your own server.
-You play against humans, thus it can be next-to-impossible, or it can be easy slaughtering nOObs
-The Ville. The only other community that can compare in my gaming experiences to The Ville was "Adventurers Wanted" regs from Diablo1.
-Gibs.
-Kilaaks (admit it, you gotta love them).
-Infections... oh there's nothing that brings joy to my heart like touching an NME and yelling "go to work babies" to the germs I just gave the poor SOB!
-It's pure fantasy. There's no connection to reality at all. Just pure gib-flying-fun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three reasons why I play TFC mostly and why I have stayed with TFC for so long:
1) I can play seriously or be a crowbar swinging idiot, whichever I feel like at the time (in other words it's fun)
2) Who doesn't love watching NME's explode from headshots, knifing them in the back, grenades, rockets, etc
3) The great people and admins here at the Ville and the way they are always trying to make things better
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one big hoax wrote:
What do you mean poor graphics... the mouths move when you use voice... that is flippin hilarious!!

I love that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: