FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need help with a problem or two

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Need help with a problem or two Reply with quote

I upgraded to the newest 1.0.9.0 whatever, and now I have no pregame sound in my menu's and when I exit the games list HL crashes to the floor and corrupts my list. Anyone else have these problems or know of a way I can fix it?
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it occasionally say that "the file favsrs.xxxsomething is corrupted" and "you can get a new list by hitting the update button?" I get that now since I've d/led 1109, and when I exit the games list I don't crash entirely, but it takes a good 30 seconds for it to register and for me to be able to click on anything after that.
[Edit] Anyway, the poit of this is I think I have the same problems and I would be interested in knowing how to fix it as well. [/Edit]
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys did the upgrade instead of the full install, I recommend the full install. I had a lot of problems with the upgrade. I have not had a single problem since doing the full install.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skull_Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the messaage I get corrupt....etc. I did the upgrade first, I couldn't get it through the game, then I uninstalled and did a full install/upgrade and have the same problems.

People have to learn when something isn't broken don't fix it. Steam = hot crap

This bite, now I'll have to go and play more MOHAA
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to physically delete my entire sierra folder (after i copyied maps etc). Then reinstalled from cd. And atlast I ran the FULL upgrade. Now I work without a prob. Before this I did not work at all.

DK
Gurrg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: crap Reply with quote

well you guys had the exact same problems as me...but that sux that i gotta go w/ the full update...cuz i'm on my shitty dial up 56k modem...that is gonna take forever but i guess i'll have to do it

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Swift - VS -

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gurrg if you have a friend that can "lend" their dsl or cable modem to ya that would be cool. Sometimes I have friends bring over there pc's/laptop just so they can use the line for installs such as this. It would help if they had Win XP too because it has the network sharing capabilities so you don't really need to make any changes except workgroup name.
bobins

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM

BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW I DOWNLOADED THE FULL UPDATE AND I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM

P.S. GRUGG

IT TAKES FOREVER TO DOWNLOAD ON A 56K MODEM -- I NOW COS THATS WHAT I GOT - I USED "FLASH GET" A DOWNLOAD ACCELERATOR AND DOWNLOADED IT OVER NIGHT - I DIDENT NOTICE MUCH IMPROVEMENT BY FLASH GET BUT IF YOUR CONECTION TIMES OUT OR DISCONNECTS FLASH GET RE-CONNECTS U AND CONTINUES AUTOMATICALY THAS WHY I THINK ITS GOOD TO USE
bobins

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: STRANGE HAPPENINGS Reply with quote

WHATS GOING ON -- IS WHAT I THOUGHT ON WEDNESDAY THE 8TH.

I CONNECTED TO THE NET AS USUALL STARTED UP TFC SEARCHED FOR SERVERS THAT I COULD JOIN ( ALL GOOD SO FAR )

I THEN STARED TO PLAY AND ALL THE CHARACTERS LOOKED CRAP - THEY LOOKED DIFFERENT AND ALL THE SERVER I JOIN HAD THE SAME THNG AND THEY WERE ALL LAGGING LIKE HELL

I NOW THE LAG WASN'T MY FAULT COS I BEEN IN SOME REALLY FAST SERVERS WITH NO LAG AND MY CRAP 56K MODEM ALWAYS CONNECTS AT THE SAME 44K EVERY TIME I CONNECT.

DOES ENYONE NOW WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON, AND DID ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE IT

P.S. TO ADMINISTRATOR IS PUTTING *** IN THE MIDDLE OF OFFENCIVE WORDS OK -- IF NOT PLZ TELL ME AND I WONT DO IT AGAIN K
Twisted29

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:27 am    Post subject: Ease off the caps though buddy... Reply with quote

Glad to hear it all worked out and you can get into games at least. As far as your lag goes, it shouldnt have changed with the new patch. It sounds like your settings got reset, so if you were tweaking your fps' through your config you probably should go check that everything is still there.

As far as the player models, just type

tfc_newmodels 1

in your console and everything should be back to normal. Some people see those crappy' mdels as classic though, don't dont bash tehm too much At one point, it was all TFC had...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: