FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HWGuy Tips
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I hear you Powers gimme a sg and an engie haha as a hw I will win 9 out of ten times at least dead engy and dead sg hehe Prime a nade/use hw fire bye bye sg/engy Good point too Eagle about supporting at the cap point as a hw. Some classes are better to back up from if you start firing early enough.Some avoid grab health if possible and keep the ass cannon ready to go so when they get close bye bye eat hot lead

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice little (sneaky) trick to use when fighting multiple enemies is mirror damage.

Yes, mirror damage. I have had 2 full strength HW attack me when I was playing HW and I took them both down by keeping them lined up. The one in back kept shooting at me, and hitting his teammate, and took a lot of mirror damage. When I finished of the first HW the one who had weakened himself and was easy fodder.
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powers is dead on with turning up your Mouse sensitivity as a HW...thats the key to tracking someone circling you...
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out though, for those of you who haven't turned up your mouse sensitivity close to max before you'll find yourself totally doing 360s and overtracking people like crazy. All your movements will be totally overexaggerated so you've got to move in little bits. Once you get used to it though you'll be able to change direction like a ninja, and aim off a target for a second to toss a grenade at one on your flank and aim back without missing much. And you'll also be able to 180 faster to check periodically for spies coming up on your rear.

Move your sensitivity up gradually, once you get used to one level, turn it up. Warning: Don't try this if you don't think you can take it, you'll end up spinning out of control and doing really poorly. Also in this mode, if you have a mouse with a ball, KEEP IT CLEAN or you'll have movement problems. Lasers are good.
Enrico

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tip for the new Neo TF. This is all in the console if you know how to make offline scripts, this will work on that too. What it does is lets you use the hook to just stick to a wall or celing like a fly without having to hold down the hook key. This can be good for surprising people.

type this
alias xyz +hook
(hit enter)
alias xyz2 -hook
(hit enter)
bind o xyz
(hit enter)
bind p xyz2
(hit enter)

There you go, then by pressing o you will stick to a wall and p will drop you! The only problem is sometimes the screen is shaky and the anti- camping thing does not like you to do this.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have it bound to my 5th mouse button so I can hold the button down easily and let it go and reshoot it to fling around like batman. I just with the Hook worked like the one in Quake 3 Arena, then you'd all be in real trouble.
Enrico

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, i dont know how it worked in quake three but if it is anything like that crazy deathmatch mod on some HL deathmatch servers... we would all be dead... really... really... quickly
bobins

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love using hw's -- their the second classs i started to learn after an egineer

thanks 4 the tips -- and im definately gona increase my mouse sensitivity -- so if in the next few days u c a hw spinning out of control -- it'll b me getting used to the new settings

i think using the AC is great under water -- as sombody said ( cant remember who and cant b bothered to look again ) the hw's move so slow normaly its good to get your oponents on fairer ground ( water ) cos mast people are used to being able to straff out of the way -- gren u or circle around u -- its much better in thw water were their movements r restricted

i find the best map to use a hw on is warpath i can rack up so many kills on their -- by hiding in buildings near a resuply point or just wading my way through all the idiots that dont now how to handle a hw -- its great fun -- untill u come across a soldier who knows how to use their weapons efectively -- then u got do stuff properly n stop messing around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to disagree with using the mouse wheel to switch weapons. If you use wasd (like you should ), turn on hud_fastswitch, and by only hitting 3, you will have the shotgun, without hitting fire. Also, my tip would be jump. Bind your mousewheel to jump (Hopefully you are using wasd, or this will not work), and you will be a jumping fool. The more you jump the less people can hit you.
bobins

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really hard to get used to -- having a really sensitive mouse -- im even haveing trouble navigating around pages -- im so used to my old mouse settings that i keep scrolling at the same speed so my pointer is all over the place -- this is gona take some time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapon change with the wheel is where it is at!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!

Last edited by hoaxie on Fri May 31, 2002 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with hoax. I have the wheel for weapons switches, too. I find, though, that you do sometimes need the hud_fastswitch. Like as spy, the knife to shotty. I don't have time to slow them down with tranqs, so I need to kill 'em and kill 'em quickly. #2gunfire Or as sniper and I need to get to the nailgun (to conserve rifle ammo). #Sniper
Now only if I didn't have the sounds bound to the whole row...... #Beer
(Wishes he could think of some other thing to say to end with an emoticon.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: