FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Medics Duty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a exerpt for the TFC manual i was bored while DLing 1099 okay?

Before heading for the Resupply Room, check to see if there's a Medic on your team somewhere around you. You can recognize Medics by their white clothing and facemask. If you can see one, select Command Menu/Call for Medic. You'll hear yourself yell for medical attention, whereupon your Medic (if he's worth his salt!) will come over and heal you.

It says its all right there, if you dont heal team mates you are worth your salt!
It seems Valve has thier reasons for that fat ass...

For now, select the HWGuy, short for "Heavy Weapons Guy". He's a big guy with a big gun and a lot of armor. Because he's well armored, you'll be relatively safe while you familiarize yourself with your surroundings.

They come right out and say hes is a newb class... Plus they promote really annoying tactics,

The best place for a HWGuy (that's you!) to defend a 2fort Base is in the Ramp Room. This is the main bottleneck that enemies need to move through to get to the basement, which is where your flag is located. So, make your way to the Ramp Room. You'll see signs situated around your base that'll lead you to it. It's a big room with two levels, with two ramps leading from the lower level to the upper level. Once you've found it, walk to the upper level and get into a position where you can fire at enemies trying to make their way up either of the two ramps.

Plus, they think some of us are REALLY stupid... i think if we are old enough to buy the freakin game we can figure this out...

Can't remember what Team you're on? Press your "Show Scores" key (Tab by default) to see a list of all the players in the game, sorted by team. Your name will be highlighted and listed under the name of your team.

LOL! Thats all, the patch is done DLing now.
NewbieMMMI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-24 18:27, Juxtaposition wrote:
...Can't remember what Team you're on? Press your "Show Scores" key (Tab by default) to see a list of all the players in the game, sorted by team. Your name will be highlighted and listed under the name of your team.

I can never remember my name OR what team I'm on! Thank you Valve for making this handy feature!
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i always have to remember what team im on. sometimes i will be telling myself "on red, kill blue...on red, kill blue" haha...oh well im slow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mantra.... :kill blue, kill blue:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, when you've been playing alot in the same day, it can get sorta confusing what team you're on... it's fun to ignore NMEs and shoot teammates!

I like how they say the HW should be sorta safe... not around here they're not! You are a slow moving grenade magnet! hehehehe

*accidentally throws a grenade at Hoax*

Oops! Sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this forgetting what team I'm on problem. I play blue... always pretty much so the few times I get plopped down onto the red team I get confused untill I suicide once then I get it figured out. Although for that short period of time I feel like a total moron.

hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*accidentally, on purpose, throws a MIRV at BBF*

Honey, I came to play!!

Oh yeah? NOOB THIS!!

[ This Message was edited by: one big hoax on 2002-04-25 09:28 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I woulda' blown myself up with my own MIRV or some other explosive device long before your MIRV got to me... oh well, you can blow up my gibs if you want
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of MIRVs, has anyone else managed to kill themselves twice with the same MIRV? I accidentally threw one at my team mates, got killed, then respawned too quickly and got killed by the cluster which my teammates were still next to :sad:

[ This Message was edited by: RaphX on 2002-04-25 13:21 ]
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<<---- was also 1337 enough to do that
Hired Goon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tip for remembering what team I'm on:

When on the blue team, keep yelling "IF YER READ, YER DEAD!"
Vice Versa, yell "IF YER BLUE, YER GOO!" Yeah, I know it's lame, but it works for me.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: