FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
He's sooo vain...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way that we could code mirrors into some of the maps?

We were playing IV the other night, and all the defense guys put on the glow (glow white). We were trying to describe each other to each other, but we weren't doing a good job. Someone mentioned that they wished there was a mirror, which got me thinking.

If we could put mirrors on some of the maps (like teleporters on Avanti) it would be fun watching newcomers shoot at themselves in the mirror, or try to heal themselves, etc.

Also, how cool would it be if spies could build mirrors to unsettle the other team and aid them in sneaking up behind.

Anyway, I guess I'm just thinking through the keyboard.

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't that hurt?
Ktulu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Target, Yeah I had a good time playing with you guys last night and I was the one who mentioned the mirrors, I forgot all about it until you posted it here. I think your idea is great and I'm going to investigate it now. That really would be funny to watch peoples reaction with a mirror.

I remember when I played Duke Nukem there were mirrors everywhere and nothing was more embarrising than to get killed while looking at your buff body in the mirror
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a hard day at the office, any kind of thinking hurts!

But fragging feels sooooo gooood...

Ktulu - As a HW, when you were glowing, you looked twice the size. It was hilarious! I had a good time too. You were mowin em down.

[ This Message was edited by: TargetDummy on 2002-04-24 18:56 ]
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think you can do that in the HL engine, it was impossible in the quake2 engine which the HL one is based on...if they coem out with a HL2 with the q3a engine now that would be something!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: