FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Registry Tweaking for Gaming

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a web site to look at if you want to optimize your computer for high speed internet access.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

And remember to back up your registry file before attempting any changes.

http://www.speedguide.net/

I have tweaked my settings tonight and no issues, but my ping got better. I will let you know if I develop any bugs (My OS is Win2000Pro)

DK

[ This Message was edited by: dkwild alcohlo fuled on 2002-04-24 02:05 ]
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, DAF. I did it. It helped. It let me know that my MTU settings were not optimal... so I optimized. It made a difference.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said at your own risk. I got a little too creative with my reg file with the tcp/ip issues. (BTW my machine runs nothing standard from bus rates to the video card gpu clocking(old motto burn baybe burn))

I killed my reg file. Np installed my backup. Well crap now my video card driver got corrupted (30 mins later after looking at sys). Ok Reinstall.

Crap TFC now locks up in internet mode...hummm I think I will break the record for reboots in a 2 hour period...ahh look at tcp/ip config and then ahh reinstall the update.

OK Now fixed. Now Graphics card locks. Humm pull off case burn pointing finger on the card. Well Crap. Leave sys cool for 20 minutes. Reduce the GPU overclock.

Now I connect to TFC online (with the reg tweeks going) and waaalllah it works.

Nothing like the smell of solder melting off of a silicon chip. (Does anyone have an egg to cool my CPU off now?)

DK

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: