FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SPIES
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this isnt about how to be a better spy(since I suk at spy), but spy check. Learn the weapons that a disq spy will have. If your on my team running back for health/ammo run back with a weapon that isnt what the disq spy would be using. Since there is mirror damage you will only hurt me when I spy check or instantly kill your sniper. This esp goes for engies defending. Nothing annoys me more than a engie running around with his rail gun out. Its one of the most useless weapons esp for defending. I think since neo has been running so long ppl depended on the mgs spotting the spys for them and forgot that it really should be them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally I think I'm good at spotting spys if I try, but even when I don't every engy with a railgun gets a rocket up his... I played once, an engy with a rail gun was in the church, doing nothing. That instantly set off my spy alert, I went wild on him and dealt myself over 100 mirror Engy with railgun=bad, unless you're shooting, do us a favor and never have one. As for medic, don't shoot me! I always hold a shotgun and that is because it is shooting half the time. If I'm shooting my shotty I'm not a spy!! As for snipers, if you're running to my base you're getting hit. For sollies and hwg, hmm... how does he walk that fast? Bang. dead. As for enemy spys, a dart gun is useless.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spy tip:

Know who you are playing with. Most regular/experianced players have a very distinct style of playing. You can see me from a mile away just by the way I move. So get to know who you are playing against and watch how they like to play. After that killing them is easy.

ToRaK

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotting me as a spy should be very easy.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just seem to know when someone is a spy. Just ask Mulisha, Frag or Silver. I rarely get knifed by a spy, but when I do it's because I wasn't paying attention, or I was occupied with someone else. You notice that they aren't shooting when they're in the middle of a battle, and then follow them until they think they're safe, then BLAMMO! you kill them. Or you can run around shooting everything, or hit everyone with a crowbar.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm not the best player here (far from it), but spy checking is probably the most simple thing you can do. If you see somebody running the wrong way SHOOT THEM! Especially if they have these listed things, or all of them

1)Are running and jumping constantly

2)Are running backwards or forwards (duh!)

3)They have the default weapon for their class (some are easier to know then others, like an engi)

4)This is for when a spy has already gotten behind your lines. If you see somebody running for someone else's back SHOOT THEM! No matter how un-suspicious they may look, most teammates don't aim for other teammates backs.

5)If you see a corpse jump up then shoot it! They didn't just rise from the dead (Stupid as this sounds to regs here, I have seen people ignore this)

6)As said earlier, shoot them if they are in the midst of combat but aren't making any moves to attack the enemy (their teammates)

Most of all though, don't shoot your teammate if they have a non-default weapon out. No matter how much you may think they are a spy, THEY ARE NOT!!!! I have ended up commiting suicide because I died from a fall when a soldier thought I was a spy (took him an entire 4 rockets and to see me dieing before he realized a wasn't a spy, n00bie!!). Of course, I quote from another post, "The people that really need to read this never will"

[ This Message was edited by: Violent Pacifist on 2002-04-23 16:26 ]
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-23 10:42, ToRaK wrote:
Another spy tip:

Know who you are playing with. Most regular/experianced players have a very distinct style of playing. You can see me from a mile away just by the way I move. So get to know who you are playing against and watch how they like to play. After that killing them is easy.

ToRaK

So true. When I play on the same team as my brother, I know if I see "him" running back from the fight, it is a spy (my brother is of the kamikazee strain of TFC players). You learn to spot the same thing of other players as well.

(BTW, observing the good player's typical movement traits will help you become better, too.)
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that this not only applys to spy checking but for EVERYTHING that goes on in a game. For instance When I notice some of the regulars here playing NG for example I have a pretty good idea where they like to build there SG's. I know which soldiers like to hang back and which ones will come running up at the offense. Which demomen will have pipebomb trap layng around and sometimes where they are. I could go on like this forever, and no i'm not going to give specific examples, can't divulge to much

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my pet peeve sabout spy checking.
1. Always spy check don't assume.
2. When you spy check use the shotgun please. If I am on your team and you hit me with a rocket or other heavy weapon I will get thrown who knows where. This is agravatiing if I have my Knife out and almost ready to kill the enemy from behind when my own teammate knocks me away.
Other things
1. Get Voice working, no more TYPING. It saves time and a headset/mike is under $25
2. If you are a spy and are running into your own area ANNONCE YOURSELF. Only your team can hear you so tell them it's <name> disguised as
<color role>.
3. Let your team know what's going on where you are. It helps

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha don't tell Jr. the trank gun is useless he will make you sleepy then stab you silly Having your knife and trank set and having an easy to use last weapon button set and trank and stick is deadly not to mention a crack up for you and your helpess victim

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spy checking is the only thing a defensive scout is good for on Avanti. Unmask them and let the SG do the work. I love Pyro and he pretty much makes the best spy checker. One little flame burst at everyone suspicious. If it's my team then I take minute damage. If it's a spy he turns into a raging inferno. I love standing on feigning spys and flaming them to death. Oh yeah if your pyro flame every courpse. You never know when one will catch fire.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
***&&&patten&

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Well, it can be hard to "hide" from a lot of you. I like to feign after throwing ammo then lay by it. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!
I will also lurk in the darkness waiting for that big fatty to come around the corner. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!.
I am getting better with the trnq gun but have a ways to go yet. Who is that I have a lot of respect for with the tranq?? [COS] Michim something or other? He can be a pain in the back!
I hate snipers and soldiers!
Watch your back!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh...the best spycheck method though to keep from getting those pesky self-headshots is to flash your vociecom when you are coming back into base, thers no spy that good who can fake a bright yellow speaker abover thier head heh...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good soldiers are the best at dealing with spies hands down.Mirror damage sucks but oh well at least the soldier can knock the spy away from the sg he is trying to kill.

Vulcan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing from an engie view. Spy check all the time, especially at the front lines. Normally I am behind in our defense getting ready for cap 3 and low and behold a spy easily sneaks through our defense and knocks out my sg. I know that when I am engie I typically have the spanner out to keep my sg up, so when you see a team mate I typically wrench him, this is two fold, it gives him armor if he is on my team but it hurts the enemy spy and I then start killing him more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: