FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicVissil's tip for a tip #2 - TACTICAL ENGINEERING

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicVissil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this is a tutorial for tactical engineering.

Tactical engineering is a engineering that will require a lot of practice and patience.

Few points to remember when being an engineer:
* Always bind your Sentry and Dispenser to detonate
* Always build a sentry and a dispenser
* Always hit your team's armor

I use to employ my own tactics for engineering and was praised for it in the Ville last year but then I moved on to soldier.

Now, to be a tactical engineer, you must think quick, build quick, always build in a very secure and tactical location. Like for avanti build it in the structure near the well the one with the balcony, that got me so many kills, build on the ramp opposite the well, build on the well, build where grenades can do very minimal damage to you and your sentry has a chunky range.

For avanti:
*Practice jumping from where you can breach the church, jump on the sandbag, (looks like a wooden log I swear) and jump to that hut, on the carpet and build a dispenser, cp1 and cp2 are easy for the attackers to capture but cp3 you will be praised for, then run and defend cp1, good location is to jump on the carpet across the ladder and build a sentry there, there a lot of tactical locations.

A very important point is not to give your enemies satisfaction, when your sentry is getting damaged fast, hit Q or whatever your bind is and destroy your sentry, they'll waste ammo and nades and wont get the kill. If you have dispensers use them as mines, they are very powerful and have a nice explosive yield, ive killed 5 at once with the disp.

Only engage in combat when you need to, thats the point of the sentry gun, to do combat, build dispensers in a area secured by the enemy and if you are sneaky build a sentry and use the ammo from the disp for the sentry. (Don't respawn build!)

If you wanna go on the offensive, build a sentry fast, at a satisfactory location, always use EMP's and chuck'em at a pile of enemies to see dead bodies flying and dying.

Use shotgun at close range and rail to shoot far to a stationary enemy.

These are my binds:
bind "q" "detsentry"
bind "capslock" "detdispensor"

Tips for maps:
Avanti- build a disp when starting to defend at cp3, at the little hut across the sandbags from the church tower (where demo's breach) Later when defending cp3 itll be full of ammo and you can build sentries that people will take a while to realise is there.
2fort- most servers dont have a respawn rule for 2fort, if you are a tpf player, start early in a squad, clear the enemy respawn room and build up a sentry gun there and that'll take care of anything and your team mates can pick out the spies/otherwise harmonise your engie team and 'seige' build outside with a team and this will give your attacking team a large input.
dustbowl- be an engie in cp 1, 2 and only till enemies have passed the gates in 3, otherwise in this map is no sentry land.
At 2 build in the right bunker, at 1 build anywhere is a good spot lol. Always use emps and a dispenser.
flagrun- build in the flagroom have a disp ready, after every couple of kills change your sentry position so they'll get confused

Remember, give enemies no satisfaction, practice evasion of battles and emp priming, and hard jumps they come in handy. Use disps as mines. That's all for now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: