FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Got Sound?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{PHM} KaV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DL'd Half Life once agian but for a good reason this time got my new computer which is running real good, but I cannot listen to mp3's while I play which is a huge loss for me. I think one reason might be because i have an onboard soundcard. Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated.

Got a Athlon 1800 with a Geforce4 MX440 DDR along with all my other new parts makes you stain your pants while playing.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you click on the *play CD music* box? It is in configuration when you open Half Life. I believe it is in audio options.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you downlaoded halflife? it probbably is your sound, if it is AC97 i think it can only mix 1 source at a time...i have onboard sound, but opted for a SB live! vaule, only liek $30 and can play TONES of sound sources at once...(ive had 4 media players playing the same song in a round once) hehe...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when people call taking things on / off disks "downloading"
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You most likely have a card that only process one sound source at a time. When I was using my onboard card, I had the same problem. You MIGHT be able to play with JUST Your mp3's playing, but it seems that you might have to make the choice between HL sounds and mp3s.

If you want to get a new card, I would highly recommend the Soundblaster Audigy Gamer. It supports Dolby 5.1 and Digital out. Its AWESOME. Plus, it comes with 2 games, when I bought mine, it came with DeusEX and Giants:Citizen Kabuto, but I think they change the games to keep up with the times.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh i need a new sound card, I have basic one that came with comp (SB audio LIVE! ~value~) <-- note VALUE lol meaning cheap and bad.

Treble cuts off half the time in like EQ, and its warbly and such.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend checking out the SoundBlaster Extigy external sound card with remote and a ton of other cool features.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend getting a kickass stereo for your room
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend any card that has been mentioned... of course my next investment will be an Audigy Platinum EX. But if you do not have have a lot of money to spend even something like the Creative PC512 will work just fine. That is what I currently have. It supports everything you need for gaming and it is full duplex. The best part of all is they are less than $50. I bought mine a long time ago when it was the best that Creative had to offer. It has stood the test of time. So I would suggest it as a -just for right now- solution. It sounds like you have spent quite a bit of money on your other hardware... so depending on your finances...

The Audigy Platinum EX is about $250. The Audigy Platinum is $200. Extigy is about $150. The others that have been mentioned are under $100.

Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by: one big hoax on 2002-04-07 11:02 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
{PHM} KaV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses I might but my old soundcard in my new computer and try to work it through there, by the way I am so sorry to have gotton you mad about my computer terminalogy will you ever forgive my goldom... hehe
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an Audigy EX now???? DAMNIT every time I go out and get the best something like this happens!!!!!! oh well

hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Assassin, yes, there is. My fiance rushed out and got the Platinum, but I held out. The EX is hard to find. But... they're out there.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with the SB Live Value. It is cheaper, but it isn't bad. The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is also and excellent card for about $75.00.

Brujah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard thoose fortissmo cards were ok.. but quote me on it...

It's good to see I'm not the only guy pulling for creative on soundcards ... when my Live! value started cutting out certain sounds on certain games I went out and got me a nice pretty audigy gamer >:]

I must say.. it's a massive improvement for thoose that might have probs with the live series
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: