FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Network Help Please

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have two computers at home. One is going to run a TFC server and the other is going to run my client software. Now at this moment Im sharing the same ip, trying to get a second one but thats a different story. For the time being is there anyway I can do this with only one ext ip. Just going to use the server for practices anyway so dont lecture me on using cable.

Its hooked to a Linksys 4 port router right now, I have two different internal IP's but 1 ext IP. What happens is when I try and play on my local server its all good for a few minutes then gets an error and dumps me. Any way for me to get around this??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe your subnet masking is wrong on the 2 pcs. the lynks router should handle this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont follow ya, sorry. Both work great except for the gaming issue. What do I need to look for? Im a complete dummy when it comes to networking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it might be that both my client and my server are on the same port. I need to change one of them.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have the server run on another port by adding -port 27016 to cmd line or something

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stf HL port is 27015
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr.... Ports???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a known problem with linksys routers and dropping. for some reason, the connection keeps on getting broken and the clients are dropped from the server.
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try adding +clientport 2700x................being the x is a different number on both machines. Add into your command lines. see if that helps.

Blown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help. I dont get dropped anymore.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: