FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Needing Spy Tips
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of good stuff here. I suppose I'll throw in my 2 cents as well, I used to know a thing or two about spy..

Playing spy is a lot like a game of chess. You have to line everything up before you make your move. Know where your enemy is, what classes they are, when the ammo pack will respawn...everything. To do the proper recon you need to get behind enemy lines. Like mike said, dont run backwards, you'll only die without seeing your enemy. I good way to do this is to put up the medic symbol and haul to a pack in the defenders territory. Usually the enemy will staying away assuming you're infected. Just a caution though, if they have a good defnesive medic, you'll probably get infected when he 'heals' you. Thats ok really though, once your infected you dont have to worry about getting infected again. And with the blood popping out of you every couple of seconds, the enemy will really stay away. Besides, if you're behind enemy lines, one of the most effective things you can do is to pack hog. The more health you consume, the less the enemy gets. Which is really handy in weakening lines and such. If you have a good sense of timing, you can make the rounds so that you grab a couple bags as soon as they pop up, continuously. It makes sgs harder to put up and mantain for the enemy. If your an attacking spy, disguise as classes that can get away with standing around. SOllys and HWs are expected to stand in one spot and watch and wait. Jump around and look impatient. Patrol positions you would if you were on defense. Forget your a spy and pretend your really an enemy (just dont try to shoot at anything!). Don't be a demo because youll be expected to lay down and watch some pipes. Dont be a sniper because you'll be expected to mount your gun. Similar common sense things apply if you're playing a defense soy, or on CTF maps. I don't fein, its just a personal preference. I don't use gas much either, but thats just me. I do use a ton of grenades, put as soon as you prime one, anticipate that the enemy has heard the click and make your move. Once you blow your cover, you have to do damage. Take out the high prioity enemies first; sgs, sollys and heavies. Pull out the grens and supershotty for these guys. If you want to circlestrafe the sg while dumping your grens into the defenders thats works too. Snipers, engies and scout can be taken down with one gren, so its awfully tempting. But three shotty blasts have the same effect. YOu only have so many grenades, so conserve them. If you take on a sniper that is intent on using the sniper rifle in close quarters, pull out the nailgun, its for more than just sg removal. Use your shotgun (normal) as well. There's no reason to be reloading in the middle of a fight. I'm not going to get into knifing here, because that been debated a lot in other threads. Its something that you'll need as a spy, but you'll use less and less as you get better with other weapons and tatics. Thats what I found. Of course, I get owned as spy now...so take all of this with a grain of salt.....

I'm really quite Non-Twisted... (but don't tell anybody!)

Long live the Ville!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: