FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
speed hack side effects (funny)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[WVR]MREBoy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, how many of you saw ppl in CS/TFC running around at about warp factor 9 a while back, ppl using the "Speed Cheat" ? Well it seems said speed cheat had/has some unexpected side effects in the world of benchmarking.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_speed_cheat/

Little things like, a Pentium 2 running at 77.1 Ghz... 3DMark 2000 score of over 60,000.

speed cheats, there not just for Half-Life anymore !

MRE

___

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of thing has been done for a while. I remember a DOS program circulating on BBSes that claimed to double your processor speed, when really it just used this method to fool
the unwary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh wow that quite a few 3dmarks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is a patch for servers now that stops it working, so I had hoped we'd seen the end of it.

I get to the first paragraph and find a mistake, lol. The speedhack still works, but only for a maxium time of 1 second every 5 seconds. Interesting Article though
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: